Purchase Price: $255,000

Property: Single-family on 9 acres.

Mortgage Scores:  Spouse – EQ675, EX649, TU694 

Pre-Qualified : April 7, 2015
Offer Submitted: April 10, 2015

Offer Accepted: April 10, 2015

Earnest (Deposit) Money: $1,000.00

Lender Name: Universal Mortgage

Notes about Lender: Loan officer Sheri and staff have been great to work with and are very responsive.
Type of Loan: FHA 3.5% Down - seller assumes closing costs
Inspection: April 13, 2015
Purchase contract addendum: none
Loan Rate: 3.625%,

Appraisal Ordered: April 21, 2015
Appraisal  Completed:  May 11, 2015
Went to underwriting: April 27, 2015
Underwriting Complete: May 13, 2015
Final Approval: May 13, 2015
Walk Through:
Closing Date: May 27, 2015

Derogatories on Reports: Ch 13 BK Discharged 2013

I have been so dying to do this and I owe quite a bt of my success to these forums. They have helped me to right the ship that I thought was sinking not so long ago!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: TU 694 EQ 681
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 141 of 185
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: May 2015 Closers

Congrats to all of you closing or have already closed this month!!!

Just in time for summer!!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 142 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been an interesting journey, with all sorts of dates up in the air until the very last minute... but...  We just closed this past friday!   

Message 143 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

4:15PM This afternoon can not come quick enough!!!!!! congrats to everyone this month

Message 144 of 185
LynGene
New Contributor

So excited for you guys!!

Message 145 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

WE CLOSED!!

the stress is over and now the work begins! Can't wait to paint!!
Message 146 of 185
PdxGirl
Valued Member

CONGRATULATIONS!

Message 147 of 185
LynGene
New Contributor

That's fantastic, All_the_edges!!  Only folks in this forum or decorators perhaps may state 'Can't wait to paint' with a straight face!  Smiley Happy  Love it!

Message 148 of 185
splitraindrop

SO excited to be 10 days away from closing! This process feels like it's taken forever!  I was worried every step of the way that my debt (credit cards and SUBSTATIAL student loans) was going to be a problem. I still am worried actually.  I also had to unexpectedly purchase a car in November which was not ideal. I had stopped tracking my actual FICO to save some money so I was happy to find out that it's higher than the free sites had told me. Because we live in a community property state the only way my husband can buy a home without me (ie without my worse credit) is if I sign a quit claim deed. I was not willing to do this so if we hadn't been approved at this point we would have probably had to wait a whole year or more to buy. Thankfully November was also when I started a new position with my employer and got a significant raise. Without the additional income our DTI would have been too high (including my student loans which I am not paying on yet because I'm still in school).

Home Location: Central WI
Purchase Price: $139,900

Property: Single-family, 3 bedrooms (2 "bonus" rooms that had been used as bedrooms in the basement), 2 full bath, 2 half bath, 3 car detached garage

Mortgage Scores:  680, 639 and 681.

His: 710, 716, and 719.

Pre-Qualified : 3/11/15 (didn't end up using this bank)
Offer Submitted: April 4, 2015

Offer Accepted: April 6, 2015

Earnest (Deposit) Money: $1,000.00

Lender Name: Associated Bank

Notes about Lender: LO has been good to work although like others have said we've felt in the dark. Maybe it's just because we are first time buyers and also because we gave her everything they needed at the time of application
Type of Loan: 30 year conventional
Inspection: April 13, 2015
Contingencies: we added water testing for lead and radon testing due to the age of the home (1905). They had to do radon mitigation. They also repaired 3 broken windows (2 with broken seals and 1 a pane was cracked).
Loan Rate: 3.857% (we are paying points to get it down from 4.0% when we locked in)

Appraisal Ordered: April 11, 2015
Appraisal  Completed:  April 16, 2015
Went to underwriting: ???? I'm not sure when it was actually sent 4/21 would be my best guess
Underwriting Complete: May 4, 2015
Final Approval: May 5th, 2015
Walk Through: TBD
Closing Date: May 29, 2015 8 AM!!!!

Derogatories on Reports: my husband has a late payment or two but neither of us have any collections

Message 149 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week our LO said she thought we'd be able to close at the end of THIS week, but today she emailed and said that because I have a fraud alert on my credit report (thanks Anthem Health security breach!) they need to do a SS verification and they'll schedule closing for NEXT Wednesday. I was really hoping to have the keys by the weekend since I have Monday off and we would have three uninterrupted days to pack and move (our new house is 5 minutes away). Now I guess I'll take off Wednesday and Thursday to pack and we'll move on Saturday and Sunday. Assuming nothing else goes wrong!!!!

Message 150 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.