Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2015 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2015 Closers

CLOSED!!!! Hang in there everyone. Frugal is right. Lenders seem to be backed up right now and are not doing anything until they have to.
Message 71 of 185
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

congrats catfish!!!!!!  come back and let us know how closing goes.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 72 of 185
LynGene
New Contributor

Congrats, frustrated, for making it through closing, and congrats to catfish for an official time on the books to close!  Good luck making it through it, and enjoy making your new houses homes!!

So fun!!

We should be closing on the house we're selling on Friday.  I hear a clear to close is supposed to come around noon today for our buyers.  That's the only outstanding condition left...the closing statement!

Message 73 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lawyer just called and said he's expexting clear to close today or tomorrow. My stomach is in knots.

The listing agent made me get preapproved through his preferred lender before he would submit my offer. (He wouldn't accept my prespproval from my CU...) His lender preapproved me, said I was in great shape. The next day (after I paid my $6500 earnest money...) he said oh never mind. I was already approved through my credit union. Despite my broker saying it's smooth sailing, the experience with the realtors lender left me totally wrecked and nervous. Even now I'm still ready to have the rug pulled from under me.
Message 74 of 185
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The lawyer just called and said he's expexting clear to close today or tomorrow. My stomach is in knots.

The listing agent made me get preapproved through his preferred lender before he would submit my offer. (He wouldn't accept my prespproval from my CU...) His lender preapproved me, said I was in great shape. The next day (after I paid my $6500 earnest money...) he said oh never mind. I was already approved through my credit union. Despite my broker saying it's smooth sailing, the experience with the realtors lender left me totally wrecked and nervous. Even now I'm still ready to have the rug pulled from under me.

Me too! I am all over the place emotionally and I'm still a couple of weeks out from closing. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Hang in there!

Message 75 of 185
PdxGirl
Valued Member

Home Location: Near Portland, Oregon
Purchase Price: $239,000

Property: Single-family detached home, 2 car garage, 1725 Sq Ft, 4/10 acre lot.

Mortgage Scores:  TU667, EQ653, EX604

Pre-Qualified : April 15, 2015
Offer Submitted: April 15, 2015

Offer Accepted: April 17, 2015

Earnest (Deposit) Money: $500.00

Lender Name: American Southwest Mortgage

Notes about Lender: Mortgage broker dealing with lender, has been great, responds quickly.  Didn't lock rate fast enough.
Type of Loan: USDA Guaranteed 
Inspection: April 21, 2015
Re-inspection:  May 13, 2015
Loan Rate: 3.75%

Application submitted: April 15, 2015
Appraisal Ordered: April 23, 2015
Appraisal  Completed:  May 5, 2015
Went to underwriting: not sure but apparently it's done and ready to go to USDA as of May 6, pending receipt of appraisal
Underwriting Complete: 
Final Approval: May 21
Walk Through: none
Closing Date: May 26, 2015

Derogatories on Reports: 3 judgements, one paid in full and two on payment plans.  Been sweating bullets over whether I could get approved at all.

Message 76 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll return the fingers crossing for ya, invincible! I'm trying so hard not to get excited. It's all I can do not to daydream about paint swatches.
Message 77 of 185
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'll return the fingers crossing for ya, invincible! I'm trying so hard not to get excited. It's all I can do not to daydream about paint swatches.

Daydream away...I'm there too. The dreaming is free, as long as I don't run up any bills I figure it's harmless. Smiley Happy

I did hear back from the lender today, UW came back, says things look good and asked for a couple of minor bits of documentation so I'm thinking that's a positive sign, right? I teeter between overwhelmed torpor and doing the Kermit Flail with the arms....

Message 78 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Daydream away...I'm there too. The dreaming is free, as long as I don't run up any bills I figure it's harmless. Smiley Happy

I did hear back from the lender today, UW came back, says things look good and asked for a couple of minor bits of documentation so I'm thinking that's a positive sign, right? I teeter between overwhelmed torpor and doing the Kermit Flail with the arms....

Mad_Kermit.gif

Message 79 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

We closed today. Signed papers for an hour then off to lowes to buy $500 worth of painting supplies. Can't believe we are gonna get to move the six of us out of this 3 bedroom 1 bath into a 5/3. So thankful for this. Thanks to all the help and encouragement I have gotten here and had a wonderful LO to work with.
Message 80 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.