Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2015 Closers

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: May 2015 Closers

congratulations catfish!!!!!!  you finally get to spread out and get some much needed privacy at home.  Smiley Very Happy

what is your color scheme?

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 81 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

My color scheme is follow the wife around with a buggy and say yep that will look great. After 12 years of wood paneling It figured I would just let her do whatever makes her happy. I just asked that she keep the trim the same.
Message 82 of 185
LynGene
New Contributor

Yay!  Painting & making it your own is the fun part!  I've been carrying paint chips with me for a few days.  I have it narrowed to a few color choices, and the day I close I'll have the samples painted immediately to admire & decide on as we rip up flooring.  Smiley Happy

Message 83 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are fortunate. Hardwood and tile through most of the house so floors are not an issue. Kids are enjoying helping plan their rooms they have been sharing so they are excited about the space. I am blessed with wonderful kids though they never complained about the small house. Thrilled for them.
Message 84 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations catfish! We are also a family of 6 in a 3/1 so I know how relieved you must feel to get more space!
Still no clear to close. Must.not.dream.about.paint.must.not. Ahhh
Message 85 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck hope everything works well. We are not moving till school year is over in a couple of weeks. Can't wait
Message 86 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

We haven't even mentioned it to the kids that we are trying for the house!! If we get it, we plan to paint their rooms and totally surprise them. I figure if it falls though it's better not to have told them. However, I feel like I'm about to burst at the seams!
Are you moving into a new school district?
Message 87 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

No my wife works at the school though and we are only three miles away now opposed to twelve when we move and it's only two more weeks.
Message 88 of 185
LynGene
New Contributor

Of course the house we're selling has been delayed awaiting that pesky USDA approval.... It looks like a next week closing now, and extra bitterness will set in if it messes with my buying timeline!  There was 13 days between the 2 transactions.  Not now, though!

The up side - won't have to stay with family as long!   Woohoo!

Message 89 of 185
Anonymous
Not applicable

Catfish, I have to say I heartily approve of your color scheme and hope my husband agrees to the same Smiley Wink

Message 90 of 185
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.