Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2016 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2016 Closers

Closed today! Loan was funded and deed has been recorded.  Last few days have probably taken 5 years off of my life with all of the waiting, but I'm glad it's done. These forums have been hugely helpful in getting me from being totally broke with horrible credit to now affording a really nice home because of decent (~750) scores.  Thanks all!

Message 81 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did a little digging and searching on this forum. ShaneTheMortgageMan had posted a great thread awhile back clearing up the waiting period for the closing disclosures. He said Sundays and holidays are not counted towards the days, and the disclosure need to be received three FULL days before the closing date (meaning, the closing date does not count.) So, the latest I can receive the documents is tomorrow so I will have three days before the closing (1. Friday 2. Saturday 3. Monday)

Fingers crossed! 

Shane knows his stuff. Fingers crossed Soxgirl!

Message 82 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed yesterday by 11 am. I'm glad to be done. Cinco de Mayo is now my favorite holiday!!!!
Message 83 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

closed on tuesday the 3rd.. was on hell of a hectic day...

closing is at 3:30

9am get a call we need a back statement from our house checking account for the last 30 days... like really 

9:30 a i get a call from processor by the way your closing costs have increased $100, are you kidding me i got the check 2 days ago for the amount you told me in that Closing Disclosure, " do not worry we will take a person check for $100"

2:30 final walk through, everything looks good let head to the table

3p on way to closing location truck transmission start slipping real bad, it's been going for 2 weeks, but waiting for closing to buy another

3:30 no title guy, he shows up 1 1/2 hr late, when we pushed up the closing date my stupid realtor never told him we changed location to sellers realtor

5pm closing guy shows up we sign papers he collect our deposit, take the $100 check writes void across it and hands it back to us, " my gift to you for being 1 1/2 hrs late "

7pm leave closing limp to car dealer and find a new to me 2008 f150 limited for 60k for $16,000 ($300 a month ) couldn't sign the papers fast enough....

next 24 hr we are second guessing every decision we made over the last 2 months,nwith the house, can we do this, what happens if*, all the new home owner worries 

48 hrs later happy home owner now

what started off as a cliff ride, turned into a luxury by the end of the process...

good luck & god bless to all of you, may your dreams come true, fight fight fight you will make them happen.....

p.s when we started this journey on september 15, 2015 we had a 511 & 525 credit score, and cound't even get a secured credit card, today we have a 765 & 742 credit score, a house, new car, and about 30k in available credit with a 3% util.... again fight for your dream and they will happen, we did for the last 6 months ...

GOD BLESS & GOOD LUCK

Message 84 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I closed yesterday by 11 am. I'm glad to be done. Cinco de Mayo is now my favorite holiday!!!!

Smiley Very Happy Congrats, Kelfos! You've been through a lot to get here, enjoy the new place!

Message 85 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

closed on tuesday the 3rd.. was on hell of a hectic day...

closing is at 3:30

9am get a call we need a back statement from our house checking account for the last 30 days... like really 

9:30 a i get a call from processor by the way your closing costs have increased $100, are you kidding me i got the check 2 days ago for the amount you told me in that Closing Disclosure, " do not worry we will take a person check for $100"

2:30 final walk through, everything looks good let head to the table

3p on way to closing location truck transmission start slipping real bad, it's been going for 2 weeks, but waiting for closing to buy another

3:30 no title guy, he shows up 1 1/2 hr late, when we pushed up the closing date my stupid realtor never told him we changed location to sellers realtor

5pm closing guy shows up we sign papers he collect our deposit, take the $100 check writes void across it and hands it back to us, " my gift to you for being 1 1/2 hrs late "

7pm leave closing limp to car dealer and find a new to me 2008 f150 limited for 60k for $16,000 ($300 a month ) couldn't sign the papers fast enough....

next 24 hr we are second guessing every decision we made over the last 2 months,nwith the house, can we do this, what happens if*, all the new home owner worries 

48 hrs later happy home owner now

what started off as a cliff ride, turned into a luxury by the end of the process...

good luck & god bless to all of you, may your dreams come true, fight fight fight you will make them happen.....

p.s when we started this journey on september 15, 2015 we had a 511 & 525 credit score, and cound't even get a secured credit card, today we have a 765 & 742 credit score, a house, new car, and about 30k in available credit with a 3% util.... again fight for your dream and they will happen, we did for the last 6 months ...

GOD BLESS & GOOD LUCK

Congrats, Smalls!!

Message 86 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shane knows his stuff. Fingers crossed Soxgirl!

Thanks! Hopefully will hear today, if not we will have to push closing.. not the worst thing that could happen (I am currently staying with my sister, so it's not like I am pressed to move by a certain date) but I'm just getting impatient!

Message 87 of 110
Joteism
Regular Contributor

First-time buyer! It's been a pretty crazy journey, but I think it will be worth it. 

Purchase Price: $247,650

Property Type: Single Family

Signed contract: 03/25/16

Loan app: 04/01/16

Type of Loan: Homestyle Renovation

Loan amount: $314,700

Loan Rate: 4.125

Mortgage Score: ~760

Closing: May 27, 2016

Can't wait to close and get to work on the house!

Message 88 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have waited and stalked and hovered and now i can post

This was such a hard process. We were on Cavirs, cleared that in one daySmiley Happy, then underwriting thought i had a foreclosureSmiley Sad cleared that report in 2 weeks. what a process and what a blessed outcomeSmiley Very Happy

Purchase Price: 560,000

• Property Type: Single Family
  • Signed Contract : 03/10/2016
  • Type of Loan: VA
  • Loan Amount: 560,000
  • Loan Rate: 3.0
  • Loan Application Submitted: 3/12/2016
  • Loan Approved: 5/8/2016
  • Committment Letter Received: 5/9/2016
  • Closing Date: 5/13/ 2016
  • Closed On: 5/13/2016

What a very long and painful process its much  like birthing a child and now we tend to it and hover a little.

Message 89 of 110
warofkraid
New Contributor

Finally received official confirmation today.

Clear to close, May 20th @ 2:30 PM.

I wish it was tomorrow but the finish line is in sight over the last hill!

Starting Score: 4/26/13 EX 763 / TU 771 / EQ 758 Goal Scores: 800
Current Score: 9/10/17 EX 830 / TU 833 / EQ 849
Palladium Garden Club Member: App Free since 8/12/16. No more apps til 20??
Cap1 QS MC $2.15K | Cap1 QS Visa $3.25K | Chase Freedom $4.3K| Chase Amazon $4.5K
Citi Double Cash $6.8K | Barclay Ring $7.5K | Discover IT $23.1K |Amex BCP $18.6K
Message 90 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.