Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May 2017 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May 2017 Closers

@Calidreaming wrote:

Congrats to all of you--Junniebruner, cmony787, gabeincal!!!  You all are so close to being in your new homes!!!  I am still in mortgage hell waiting for that clear to close.   We need to come up with an additional $750 in closing costs, which we can do--but all the documentation requirements are scary.  I am afraid at any minute the deal will fall through.  I am stressed beyond belief and home that come June 1, this part of the homebuying process will be over and done with!!!

Make sure that no money is coming into your account undocumented. Just provide what they ask for and if everything is legit, you'll have no problem!!

Message 31 of 95
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Gabeincal, that's good to hear.  The way they scrutinize these statements I've been afraid they're going to ding me for too many Starbucks runs. 

Message 32 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well folks my walk through is done!  I will go again next wednesday morning before I head to the title company to sign to make sure they did everything we agreed on.  The inspector I hired is going tomorrow to do his run-through so there might be something he finds that they'll have to attend to, but I kinda doubt hes going to find anything mind-blowing.

Its going to be the LONGEST. SEVEN. DAYS. EVER.

Message 33 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome. I am so excited for you. Its scary how close we all are. I am still waiting to hear SORRY no home for you.. I was told yesterday to go pay for the home and flood insurance that I need. I hope thats a good indication. When were you all asked to pay for yours? - Those who got the CTC
Message 34 of 95
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

johnsocma,  I have not gotten CTC yet but my loan officer told us to go ahead and purchase it.  In our case, we don't have a lot of cash and I think they're doing some moves so that we don't have to use gift money.  Proof of sufficient funds to close is our only barrier at this point--which is frustrating because the closing closts have been inflated. 

Message 35 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calidreaming wrote:

johnsocma,  I have not gotten CTC yet but my loan officer told us to go ahead and purchase it.  In our case, we don't have a lot of cash and I think they're doing some moves so that we don't have to use gift money.  Proof of sufficient funds to close is our only barrier at this point--which is frustrating because the closing closts have been inflated. 

There is nothing wrong with gift money. I've done it twice so far at large amounts (>$10k).

Message 36 of 95
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

gabeincal, yes it's very confusing to me and I really don't understand what difference it makes!  I don't know if it's a major issue, or that they think it's easier to not have to document as much stuff.   The gift money is coming from my husband's business account (he's not on the loan)--so I don't know if that's where the complications arise.

Message 37 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is paid for at closing.  The title company pays them from my closing funds

Message 38 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

gabeincal - After paying the $2600 total for both policies it dropped my funding some, So Im like UGGGH, I am having some of my closing costs tied into my mortgage, which means higher interest rate. But I'll take that hit to close for now. I am seriously hoping for CD by end of this week.
Message 39 of 95
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

I just gave the lender proof that I had purchased homeowners' insurance today and they emailed me just now to let me know they are submitting it for clear to close.  Smiley Happy  I am not going to celebrate until I get the *official* clear to close.  I hope there are no other conditions or I might just melt into a puddle of stress, cortisol and caffeine. ..Fingers crossed!

Message 40 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.