cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Closers

tag
Thompsa4

Re: May Closers

I'm guessing they asked me for childcare costs because we have 2 pre-school aged children so the assumption is that we have a childcare cost?  Luckily we don't.  (Thank you parents!!!)

I also had to submit 2 years tax returns, 2 months bank statements & 2 years W2's at application.  

Our appraisal was delayed because the lender sent a non-VA appraiser out.  Yay!  (please note the huge level of sarcasm)

I don't think there is enough anxiety medication in the world for this process.  Smiley Tongue

EQ - 798 | TU - 718 | EX - 766
Message 21 of 47
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

@Thompsa4 wrote:

I'm guessing they asked me for childcare costs because we have 2 pre-school aged children so the assumption is that we have a childcare cost?  Luckily we don't.  (Thank you parents!!!)

I also had to submit 2 years tax returns, 2 months bank statements & 2 years W2's at application.  

Our appraisal was delayed because the lender sent a non-VA appraiser out.  Yay!  (please note the huge level of sarcasm)

I don't think there is enough anxiety medication in the world for this process.  Smiley Tongue

I hear ya!! Right it the middle of my application, my broker decided to switch companies!!! My application was set to go into manual underwriting with 1 company and then I had to resubmit EVERYTHING!!!  Then she couldn't get her email working at the new place.  SO we have lost about 2 weeks.  Due Diligence is up on 4/18.  I have been on her butt verifying that she has everything.  Grrrr!!

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 22 of 47
WINNING
New Contributor

Purchase Price:  $125,500
    Property: SFH - 2064 sq ft
    Toured house on: 3/11/2014
    Submitted Offer on: 3/18/2014 (went to multiple offer round highest and best by 3/20, offer accepted 3/24)
    Signed Purchased Contract on : 03/25/2014 (didn't get ratified contract back from Fannie Mae until following week)
    Type of Loan: 30 year fixed FHA
    Loan Rate: 4.25%
    Loan Conditionally Approved: 04/09/2014(NOT!... got approved 4/23 with minor conditions)

Inspection - 03/31/2014

Appraisal - ordered 4/10/2014 (NOT!... my appraisal was just ordered yesterday 4/24/14)
    FHA Approved: TBD
    Closing Date: 05/9/2014 Tentatively

I am really interested in the FHA appraisal.  The inspector said the home had less than two years useful life.  We have no problems replacing the roof NEXT year.  There are no missing shingles or leaks anywhere.  He only advised replacement due to the age of the roof.  I really hope we have a very lenient appraiser.  Our inspector also found some mold in the attic because the vents were covered by the insulation.  That is a repair that we can/will make immediately.  I haven't been hit with any strange conditions yet but I am ready for war!  With home prices and interest rates rising so fast on such low inventories, I feel like the window of opportunity is closing.  Also, when this home came back on the market, I was in the midst of paying off some credit cards.  My credit score at the time of the loan app was okay for approval but has since jumped almost 40 points!  My broker tells me that I am still getting the best rate for FHA and he doesn't think a repull is necessary.  I am trusting that he knows what he is doing and I don't want to question his knowledge.  He hasn't given me a reason to not believe him.  I really need this to go through.  Best of luch to everyone who is anticipating closing sometime in May!

Starting Score: 537 (6/2011)
Current Score: Experian 679; Equifax 653; Transunion 664 (My Fico) (4/2014)
Goal Score: 700 across the board (12/31/2014)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 47
TnTNYC
Established Member

Offered a 90-day closing to the sellers of our first home as a way to show them flexibility.  They hadn't found their next home yet, and just had a new baby a few weeks earlier, so thought that would help our collective cause.  We close in late-May.

Purchase Price:  $420,000

Property: Townhome @ 1,591 sq. ft.  

Toured Home On:  February 15, 2014

Submitted Offer on:  February 19, 2014

Signed Purchased Contract On:  March 7, 2014

Type of Loan: 5/5 ARM with PenFed, 30-year term

Loan Rate:  2.75%

Inspection:  March 1, 2014

Appraisal:  March 20, 2014

Loan Approved:  March 28, 2014

Closing Date: Tentatively 05/22/2014 (we chose)

The time between the offer and the signed contract was mostly due to the seller not moving much on price, so we shut down negotiations for a week or so.  They came back and gave us better guidance so we could get to a deal.  We weren't interested in messing around by a few dollars here and there, so let the seller think on it for a while.  Wonderful place, really excited to move it - starting to pack!

Starting Score: 707 (Experian); 702 (Equifax); 740 (TransUnion)
Current Score: 776 (Experian); 753 (Equifax); 780 (TransUnion) as of 09/11/2014
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 47
Alberio
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am worried about our closing date because of what I am reading about tax transcripts.  My husband filed his taxes in late March through our accountant.  Does that mean we will not have what we need for closing?  I filed for an extension and will file in October.  We provided the extension filing and my husband's efiled return to our LO as well as the authorization for transcripts document, and the LO hasn't raised any alarms, but these posts here have me concerned.  Also, I have all my documents in for the application, but my husband is taking longer and still owes a few documents to finalize the application.  I am worried this is going to cause issues as well.  Deep breaths.

Anyway, here are our stats:

Purchase Price:  $490K 
    Property: SFH - 1800 sq ft
    % Down (I added this because I think it's important): 20%
    Type of Loan: 30 year fixed conventional
    Loan Rate: TBD
    Loan Approved: TBD

Inspection - 4/2/2014

Appraisal - Came in at $500K
    Closing Date: 05/16/2014

Good luck everyone!!

Edited to add:  Despite the scores on myFico, my lender's trimerge middle score came out at 700 when he pulled in mid-March!  That was so much higher than when we first came to him in November when my scores were 646/646/680, which made my mid-score 646.  Thanks to all the help here, I was able to get my mid-score up more than 50 points to the nice round 700.

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 47
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

I think we are all nervous, but to keep all of our hair I suggest we wait for our conditions & take it from there... This process can tear us down but homeownership will bring us back up!!
Message 26 of 47
Muschock
New Contributor

My file is headed to the USDA tomorrow! LO said USDA is running at about 4 days for approval...fingers crossed! I was worried I wouldnt hit the 5/1 closing date but looks like it will happen Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 47
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

My inspection came back fantastic.  Now underwriting and appraisal.  Underwriting should be done tomorrow, appraisal should be done next Wednesday!!

Message 28 of 47
WINNING
New Contributor

That is awesome!  So your file is going to underwriting before the appraisal comes back?  My LO told me that the file won't go to underwriting until the appraisal comes back.

Starting Score: 537 (6/2011)
Current Score: Experian 679; Equifax 653; Transunion 664 (My Fico) (4/2014)
Goal Score: 700 across the board (12/31/2014)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 29 of 47
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Appraisal came back yesterday A-OK!  Loan is now going through final underwriting for that awesome Clear To Close!!  My LO said it will be Monday when I hear.  I asked her if it was ok to start packing and she said Yes!  I'm so excited!!!  3 weeks from today, I will be closing!

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.