Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Closers

tag
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: May Closers

That is great news!! I can't wait to hear from my loan officer!
Message 31 of 47
WINNING
New Contributor

I received the approval with conditions!  They are minor so far.. i.e... sign and date tax returns that were submitted, copy of cleared earnest money check, letter of explanation for recent credit inquiries, signatures on a few disclosures.  That is a cakewalk!  Can they come back with conditions that are harder to fulfill?  My mother, who used to be a loan processor, says that I should be good from here.  She said the initial conditions are usually the hardest ones.  Is this true?

Also the appraisal was just ordered yesterday and I am scheduled to close in two weeks!  The title commitment has been in for over a week and my LO is getting the insurance policy ironed out.  It seems like we are cutting it very close! 

We CANNOT lose this home.  It is a homepath home that we got for $20,000 less than any other home listed in the neighborhood only after winning a multiple offer round!  The previous contract fell through due to buyer financing.

Starting Score: 537 (6/2011)
Current Score: Experian 679; Equifax 653; Transunion 664 (My Fico) (4/2014)
Goal Score: 700 across the board (12/31/2014)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 47
pm1122

Purchase Price: $72,900
Property: SFH 
Toured house on: 3/25/14
Submitted Offer on: 3/28/14
Signed Purchased Contract on : 03/28/14

Inspection: 4/5/14

Purchase Contract Addendum (with sellers agreeing to make repairs): 4/14/14
Type of Loan: 30 year fixed conventional
Loan Rate: 4.25%
Loan Conditional Approval: 5/13/14
Appraisal: 4/26/14
Closing Date: 05/28/2014 (per contract but likely later)

3/15/14 Mortgage lender pull: Equifax 790, TU 775, Experian 764
4/21/14 Mortgage lender pull: Equifax 782, TU 780, Experian 751
Message 33 of 47
buckeyelady84
Contributor

Purchase Price: $172,500
Property: SFH
Toured house on: 4/7/2014
Submitted Offer on: 4/7/2014
Signed Purchased Contract on : 4/14/2014---We bid on house already in contract(1st offer fell through)

Inspection: 4/18/14

Purchase Contract Addendum (asked for 2 repairs and $500 credit): 4/25/14
Type of Loan: 30 year fixed VA
Loan Rate: 4.125%
Loan Approval: Pre-approved, Awaiting Final Mortgage Approval
AppraisalSmiley Surprisedrdered awaiting results
Closing Date: 05/20/2014 (we will see)

Starting 8/12 EQ- 522, TU 542. Current 5/14 EQ-664 TU-686 EX-unk
Goal to keep building up my credit.
Message 34 of 47
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Purchase Price: $108,500
Property: SFH - 2400sq ft
Toured house on: 3/17/2014
Submitted Offer on: 3/18/2014
Signed Purchased Contract on : 03/19/2014
Type of Loan: 30 year fixed PHFA 3% down conventional
Loan Rate: 5.125%
Loan Approved: TBD

Inspection - 03/28/2014

Appraisal - 4/24/14
PHFA Approved: TBD
Closing Date: 05/30/2014 Tentatively

I should have my mortgage commitment next week!! I can't wait to cross the finish line
Message 35 of 47
srchick
Regular Contributor

Congrats to you AND buckeyelady84! Smiley Happy

Starting Score Feb. 2013: 568
Current Scores: TU (715) {Myfico} EQ {Myfico} (723) EX (751)
Goal Scores: All at 750 by 3rd Qtr 2016 (Before tackling 800's) Don't procrastinate, take the first step!
Message 36 of 47
Alberio
Contributor

So I am still waiting to come out of underwriting. 

My LO was supposed to submit everything to underwriting last week and we were to get conditions by Friday last week, Monday this week at latest.  He said he had everything and would put a "rush" on it when I spoke to him a week ago Tuesday.  So I call on Monday this week to get the conditions and he said that he needed one more document from my husband, so he hadn't put it into underwriting like he said he would and he hadn't bothered to tell me either.  When I said "but you said you had everything that you needed last week and you haven't told me there was a problem submitting" he said "yeah, sorry.  I forgot about this.  I keep calling and emailing your husband and he just won't respond to me."  Ugh!  Classy, thowing DH under the bus when I repeatedly checked that they had everything and LO said yes. 

My husband got the needed document over immediately and we went into underwriting for real yesterday.  Expect initial conditions by tomorrow. 

I cannot WAIT for this provess to be over!  The LO started saying yesterday, "no big deal, closings get pushed back all the time." To which I said HELL to the NO.  We are not getting complacent here with some "what's another week" mindset!  I know they do this all the time and this is no big deal to them.  But my blood pressure could not handle another week.

Closing is May 16.  Mortgage condition expires May 9.  I need some major yoga or something for the next two weeks.  Smiley Wink

Hope all the other May closers are hanging in there!!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 47
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

@Alberio wrote:

So I am still waiting to come out of underwriting. 

My LO was supposed to submit everything to underwriting last week and we were to get conditions by Friday last week, Monday this week at latest.  He said he had everything and would put a "rush" on it when I spoke to him a week ago Tuesday.  So I call on Monday this week to get the conditions and he said that he needed one more document from my husband, so he hadn't put it into underwriting like he said he would and he hadn't bothered to tell me either.  When I said "but you said you had everything that you needed last week and you haven't told me there was a problem submitting" he said "yeah, sorry.  I forgot about this.  I keep calling and emailing your husband and he just won't respond to me."  Ugh!  Classy, thowing DH under the bus when I repeatedly checked that they had everything and LO said yes. 

My husband got the needed document over immediately and we went into underwriting for real yesterday.  Expect initial conditions by tomorrow. 

I cannot WAIT for this provess to be over!  The LO started saying yesterday, "no big deal, closings get pushed back all the time." To which I said HELL to the NO.  We are not getting complacent here with some "what's another week" mindset!  I know they do this all the time and this is no big deal to them.  But my blood pressure could not handle another week.

Closing is May 16.  Mortgage condition expires May 9.  I need some major yoga or something for the next two weeks.  Smiley Wink

Hope all the other May closers are hanging in there!!  Smiley Happy

Everything will work out!! 15 days to cross the finish line! 

Message 38 of 47
Alberio
Contributor

Clear to Close!!  Woohoo!

An update to my stats:

Offer accepted 3/19/14

Purchase Price:  $490K 
    Property: SFH - 1800 sq ft
    % Down: 20%
    Type of Loan: 30 year fixed conventional
    Loan Rate: 4.62
    Loan Approved: May 9

Inspection - 4/2/2014

Appraisal - Came in at $500K
    Closing Date: 05/16/2014

Starting Score: 644 (EQ) 646 (EX) 670 (TU) as of 11/2013
Current Score: 732 (EQ myFico) 740 (EX myFico) 740 (TU myFICO) as of 8-25-14
Lender Pulled Scores (3-19-14): 709(EX)/700(TU)/670(EQ)
Goal Score: 710 (Made it!!)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 47
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! That's the best 3 words I swear!!
Message 40 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.