Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe it's over when lender does not respond

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Maybe it's over when lender does not respond

Appraisal should have been in today I have emailed and my realtor says she has called and emailed and no response. This LO has always responded to my emails before now! If it's over I am just ready to know and move on
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe it's over when lender does not respond

If it's a no go, wouldn't they just tell you that. Could be a number of reasons why you are not getting a response especially since they have always responded. Continue to think positive until you know for sure.....Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Appraisal should have been in today I have emailed and my realtor says she has called and emailed and no response. This LO has always responded to my emails before now! If it's over I am just ready to know and move on

The appraiser has to submit the appraisal to the lender.  The appraisal then goes to "appraisal review" to make sure it meets certain guidelines. When it is out of appraisal review, then the lender gets in touch with you and actually sends you the appraisal.  You sign a form that you got it.  

There are certain times of the month that are very busy for LO's and the 15th of the month and the last week of the month are the busiest. Most of the time LO's get back to you, but if 24 hours goes by, don't panic especially if it is during the busy times of the month. 

Yes, if you get denied the LO will let you know.  If the appraisal comes in short, the LO will let you know so you can re-negotiate the contract sales price or cancel the deal. 

Message 3 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Oh a comedy of errors ensues. Turns out the appraisal was not done on 3/10, and no body knew that until last night. Said the appraiser had an injury and took a few days off. Well my friend is a lender , not for La unfortunately, and said the due date still should have been met by another appraiser. So now my lender is claiming not our fault and out of our control, and we will not be closing in time. Which guess what means another fee I pay to his lender to extend my rate lock. Extremely unprofessional and even my builder and realtors boss say they have never been talked to this way. Might be time to just move on to a lender I even sent the contract to
Message 4 of 5
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

It would just extend it 2-3 weeks but I would not be out more OOP
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.