Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills

tag
tanyagarrett
Valued Member

Medical Bills

Hi Everyone,

How can I find out if I have any Outstanding Medical Bills?   When I look at MyFico Credit Report and Scores they are not showing on my report.  I am quite sure I have one from many many years ago.  I just don't want them coming out of the woodwork when I apply for a Mortgage in January 2014.

If someone would be so kind to answer this question for me.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

Re: Medical Bills

They may not be reporting to the bureas.  Not all of them do.  I had a medical bill sent to me for the first time from 10 years ago!  If you're worried just contact the facilty that you visited and see what you owe.

Message 2 of 7
tanyagarrett
Valued Member

If it is not reporting on my Credit Report will it ever show up when I apply for a loan?  Can a LO see it?

Message 3 of 7
natesezgoblue
Valued Member

if its not on your report from any of the bureas then they cant see it.    however if it is delinquent they can report to the bureas.

Message 4 of 7
tanyagarrett
Valued Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time.

Message 5 of 7
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

If the bills are over 7 years old, they cannot legally be added to your credit report.  Timeframes are very important.

Also, a judgement cannot be issued against you if it is outside your state's statute of limitations.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 7
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Medical bills have a way of popping back up, especially when you apply for a mortgage.  If you think you have current bills look for them and pay them before they hit your credit.  If you think your bill is 7.5 years old then they should not post, but again there are some zombie 3rd party collectors that will post and this has almost killed my dream several times.  I would suggest to call EQ, EX, and TU and tell them you want to opt out of any and all pre-screenings.   If an old invalidated debt does show do a Validation letter and dispute, but hopefully that will no be the case.  Let me know if you ever encounter the latter I have some resources I can share with you that has helped me this far.

Good luck!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.