Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Medical Collection and FHA

I have a question for our mortgage pros out here.

I have a medical collection on my Credit Report for $1342 for my DW surgery back in 2003. The lady Im working with at the bank is unsure if I need to pay this collection off prior to preapproval since FHA guidelines change daily. My question is does FHA still look past medical collections or have they enforced a monitary threshold?? I can pay off the collection with Simulus Money but I didnt want to have to use it for that purpose if I didnt have too.

Thanks,
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: Medical Collection and FHA

I have never seen FHA require a collection be paid. Only liens and judgements.
Some lenders require it..... but FHA does NOT!

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004
Frequent Contributor
chartley3

Re: Medical Collection and FHA

Thanks for clearing that up. I just wrote the explaination letter today explaining why its on there and the circumstances surrounding it. Hopefully that will put the issue to bed.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+