cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Collections

tag
roepar

Medical Collections

I have 4 medical collections the latest one is from 2012. All of them total about $1,000.00.  My credit is otherwise good. I  want to apply for a mortage this summer should  I leave them alone, or pay them? How would negotiate pay for delete?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Medical Collections

@roepar wrote:

I have 4 medical collections the latest one is from 2012. All of them total about $1,000.00.  My credit is otherwise good. I  want to apply for a mortage this summer should  I leave them alone, or pay them? How would negotiate pay for delete?

Thanks

Medical collections seem to be the easiest to work with. First you can contact the hospital and ask them for a hardship delete. Basically, some hospitals have a sort of a "slush fund" that they can use to pay the bills of someone in a financial hardship. If that isn't possible, talk to them directly and ask them if they will pull the accounts out of collections and delete the line if you pay them in full. Many of them will. Good luck to you.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 4
roepar

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

depends..... will a pay for delete raise the scores enough to make a difference?

apply first.... see what the lender says

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.