Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up credit system, Guess no mortgage for me just yet

tag
gurusexy
Regular Contributor

Messed up credit system, Guess no mortgage for me just yet

In process of applying for mortgage. Got an alert from Credit Karma and MyFico (TU alert)  that the balance on my NFCU card went up 119.5K. Bear in mind the card has a limit of 24K. I called NFCU, who said call TU. TU cant even give me a str8 answer...meanwhile my TU score has tanked by 40+ points. At this point i just find this comical.. I mean HOW????!!! Smiley Very Happy

400K+ in open revolvers. 8% UTIL,
Inquiries- TU:2, EQ:2, EX: 3
Starting Scores: 6/12 EX: 613 11/13 TU:614
06/18: F08EX: 781; F08EQ: 787; F08TU:769 Short term goal: 800+ across all 3 Bureaus. Last app 07/19 (BBVA Personal Loan - Approved with Hard pull).
3 REPLIES 3
iv
Valued Contributor

Re: Messed up credit system, Guess no mortgage for me just yet

119.5K on a 24K limit? Now that's what I call NPSL! Smiley Very Happy

Seriously though... If TU and NFCU aren't quickly dealing with an obvious data error (while you're in the middle of a mortgage application), it's time to bring the CFPB in.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's crazy!  I have a NFCU acct/credit card and they are a nightmare!  Customer service is rude and many do not have an answer to questions.  My accounts are in good standing with them, but a family member had an account and it was nothing but a PITA!  Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They should be able to correct this immediately.  That is a massive error and keep u posted on how this saga ends.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.