Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid 590 credit score and Need FHA Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid 590 credit score and Need FHA Loan

Hi . Not sure who this Shane guy is but . I can use some help. I have a mid 590 credit score and would like to apply for a fha loan . Any advice?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Loving my new home! Thanks to Shane!

ha ha...shane pops his head in here frequently and provides much needed answers from a mortgage lender's perspective.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 5
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi . Not sure who this shane guy is but . I can use some help. I have a mid 590 credit score and would like to apply for a fha loan . Any advice?

...hi crystaltab ...best thing to do is not get lost in this thread ...start a new thread "mid 590 credit score and need fha loan" ...you'll get much better results ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 3 of 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Branched you off a new thread so you might get the advice you need! Smiley Happy Best of luck!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mid 590 credit score and Need FHA Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi . Not sure who this Shane guy is but . I can use some help. I have a mid 590 credit score and would like to apply for a fha loan . Any advice?

Hi Crystal! Welcome to the forums.

FHA's minimum credit score requirement is 580 w/ 3.5% down or 500 w/ 10% down.

Many lenders have overlays (stricter requirements) that require 620 or above. The best thing you can do is ask for a local realtor's advice on which lenders they have had success working with (especially when dealing with a client with a lower credit score). Get a list of few different lenders because many may not take scores below 620, and the realtor may not always know each lender's restrictions. Finally, call the list of lenders and see which one you feel best about! Rates are important, but service, ability to close a loan, and level of comfort with your lender are equally important.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.