New Contributor
Elcid89

Re: Mid Scores...

fuzzybean wrote:

OK, that makes sense on the amount.

What about the rest of his email.  Does that sound right?

Also, what if we choose to build?  How does that work?

Building will involve a construction loan. I did an in depth explanation of the process involved here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Not-a-buyer-s-market-Separate-loans/m-p/1651252#M1048...

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

I don't want to deal with that, either.  What about spec homes?

New Contributor
Elcid89

fuzzybean wrote:

I don't want to deal with that, either.  What about spec homes?

A spec home would be handled like any other purchase. You're just buying from the builder instead of from a private party.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Frequent Contributor
fuzzybean

That's what I figured.  Good to know.  With 90% of the homes we're looking at being short sales with contracts, we're going to look into spec homes, too.

Thank you.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+