Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle Score but what report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Middle Score but what report?

I thought I had more time.

My wife has absolutely fallen in love with a home. My middle score is over 670 and I haven't been late on anything since 2 charge offs in 2008. I think I'm going to be fine but there is one thing worrying me. I have a tax lien that is paid off. On Equifax and Experian it is properly showing released. However, not only does Transunion have it as open but after 2 disputes they say they have verified it. My most recent dispute came back as verified just today. 

My mid score report is Experian at 677. I'm wondering if they use the mid score report. If so I'm good, it shows released on Experian. Will they have me address it since TU is still showing it active even though the other two CRA's are not? I'm not worried that I can't get it cleared up but these things will take time and based on my wife's excitement time is something I don't think I have much of left. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Middle Score but what report?

They look at a trimerge report that is a combined report that lists everything from all 3 credit reports. So just because they use your middle score, doesn't equate to them just using your middle report.

You will need to have that dispute removed before you go into underwriting as you can't have any disputes.

They might be able to pull up and see your tax lien has been paid when you give them access via the 4506T form. I'm sure everything will work out. Others members will have more tangible things you can do with regards to that shortly.

Congrats on beginning the process of becoming a homeowner! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
Vwaller72
Valued Member

Thanks for the response. The dispute is currently removed since they "verified it" which is impossible since their information is a inaccurate. I will have to find a way to have them correct it without initiating another dispute so it won't show as disputed on my report.

Edit: this is the same person I just have a very old account I forgot I had (this one) but its the one I havI used previously to buy my score so I still use it for that. 

Current scores EX: 678 (lender pull), MyFICO TU: 696 & EQ: 664
Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Did you try to call the IRS directly to tell them about the open tax liens? They also have the power to change the status as closed. When you sent the dispute letter to the CAs, did you also send a bill from the IRS showing your balance as zero or a letter from the IRS that says your debt has been satisfied?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lien is actually with the State of California. The worst thing is there never should have been any liens but I'm fighting with them about have them withdrawn instead of just released. I assume they have updated it since Equifax and Experian are showing it properly released. Only Transunion has it wrong. Because of that I haven't talked to the state about this part of the problem. My logic is if two have it right and one has it wrong the problem is the CRA and not the source. I will call the California FTB on Monday and see what they can do to help. I'll also ask them for a letter stating the lien is released for me to give TU. 

Message 5 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That would be the quickest and easiest way to get it corrected. Best of luck to you! :-)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.