cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle of Underwriting. Should we go with another lender? HELP!

tag
Gooddayj1

Middle of Underwriting. Should we go with another lender? HELP!

I contacted my current LO back in July because I wanted to see what needed to be cleaned up before we started looking into moving May of 2016. My mid score was at a 622. My LO told us what needed to be done and cleared up like judgements and balances paid down. Fast forward to October we started having issues with our landlord to the effect of having the water department place a shut off notice on our due due to a past balance of the landlords. I got back with my LO who rechecked our credit and issued us an approval after sending over stubs W2s etc contingent on judgements listing as satisfied (They were, just needed our reports to reflect that) and card balances paid down. We ran into some trouble and nearly maxed out our cards. The LO said that shouldn't be an issue and we provided the documents on 11/21 for him to complete a rescore.   we looked and found a house for 30k under our approved amount And we signed our agreement with the sellers on Nov 16. Worked really hard getting the inspection done all the paperwork in fast as possible and they stayed in contact with me pretty much daily.  We had a close date set for December 21st. Last week the inspection was complete and I spoke with the processor who said he received an Approved/eligible through the AU system. But the Monday following thanksgiving suddenly my LO couldn't be reached. When I asked the Processor he said he was on vacation. Left the country. But, he never mentioned that to me. Our contract stated the commitment date had to be by the 4th, and the processor said without the rescore they couldn't get us the commitment because my score needed to be at a certain place. (Which I know it is) and of course no one can do anything until he returns. Which apparently he had today, but he hasn't returned any of my calls. I'm losing it. 

This is an FHA loan that hasn't had a rate set because we were waiting on the re score. 

Should I start over? I really want this house and I'd like to be in by Christmas. Was even hoping to push it up one business day to have the weekend before Christmas to move. But I'm incredibly frustrated. 

Oh we went through First Choice Loans

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Middle of Underwriting. Should we go with another lender? HELP!

I have no advice but, wow. I am hoping things are moving for you... keep us posted hiw things turn out!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gooddayj1 wrote:

I contacted my current LO back in July because I wanted to see what needed to be cleaned up before we started looking into moving May of 2016. My mid score was at a 622. My LO told us what needed to be done and cleared up like judgements and balances paid down. Fast forward to October we started having issues with our landlord to the effect of having the water department place a shut off notice on our due due to a past balance of the landlords. I got back with my LO who rechecked our credit and issued us an approval after sending over stubs W2s etc contingent on judgements listing as satisfied (They were, just needed our reports to reflect that) and card balances paid down. We ran into some trouble and nearly maxed out our cards. The LO said that shouldn't be an issue and we provided the documents on 11/21 for him to complete a rescore.   we looked and found a house for 30k under our approved amount And we signed our agreement with the sellers on Nov 16. Worked really hard getting the inspection done all the paperwork in fast as possible and they stayed in contact with me pretty much daily.  We had a close date set for December 21st. Last week the inspection was complete and I spoke with the processor who said he received an Approved/eligible through the AU system. But the Monday following thanksgiving suddenly my LO couldn't be reached. When I asked the Processor he said he was on vacation. Left the country. But, he never mentioned that to me. Our contract stated the commitment date had to be by the 4th, and the processor said without the rescore they couldn't get us the commitment because my score needed to be at a certain place. (Which I know it is) and of course no one can do anything until he returns. Which apparently he had today, but he hasn't returned any of my calls. I'm losing it. 

This is an FHA loan that hasn't had a rate set because we were waiting on the re score. 

Should I start over? I really want this house and I'd like to be in by Christmas. Was even hoping to push it up one business day to have the weekend before Christmas to move. But I'm incredibly frustrated. 

Oh we went through First Choice Loans

Sorry all this nonsense had to occur, especially during the holidays. Starting over is tough since it usually means you have to make certain payments over again, but it may be worth it if the LO and his/her team aren't performing as expected.

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

A loan officer being on vacation is a poor excuse for your file being delayed. You did not state what type of lender you are using. Ask to speak to a manager. The processor is the wrong person to be filling in for the loan officer. A rapid rescore is a very simple and quick process so that should not take more than a couple of days. Get hold of the loan officer's boss at a minimum ... or the actual broker if the lender is a mortgage broker.

Message 4 of 5
Gooddayj1

Update! So after having a good cry yesterday I got with another highly recommended lender who has since gotten us approved and sent our loan disclosures this morning. And a rate of 3.85% We are delayed a bit but I'm still working toward a closing date before the end of the year.

We received and email an hour ago from our original loan officer stating he's sorry for not telling us he was going on a ten day cruise and that he had every intention on working while on the cruise but the server was blocked because he was out of the country. Booooooo. So yea. We are moving on down but not out. It's just that we were so close.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.