Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle or Median score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Middle or Median score

In regards to credit score, LO keeps saying median score. With only three pieces of data there is not really a median(the score that occurs the most) unless two or more of your score are the same. Did I just answer my own question? If the three scores are all different, it is the middle. If two or more scores are the same, it is that score that is used.......Correct????????
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Middle or Median score

correct
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're confusing "median" with "mode". The "mode" is the value that occurs most often. The "median" is the value that is halfway down the list when the values are listed in value order. As you noted at the end, though, for a set of 3 values, the median and mode are always the same value.

Correction: if no values are repeated, there is *no* mode for the list of values, so the median and mode are not always the same for a set of 3 values (but if there is a mode, it will be the same as the median).

Message Edited by BobSki778 on 08-07-2008 01:15 PM

Message Edited by BobSki778 on 08-07-2008 01:16 PM
Message 3 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Smiley Surprised
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:
Smiley Surprised

Sorry, just showing my math geekiness. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 7
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

You go BOB!  I had to learn all of that in clinical chemistry, but I forgot it all until your refresher course!
Message 6 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:
Smiley Surprised

Sorry, just showing my math geekiness. Smiley Wink

didn't yer momma tell you that it wasnt nice to 'whip that out' in public?

Retired Lender
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.