Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle score??

tag
beehive
Regular Contributor

Middle score??

What is "middle score" that I read on here? Is that the average of your scores?

Thanks in advance.

Officially a Home Owner !
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Middle score??

Middle score means looking at all your scores...say for instance they were EQ 650, TU 619 and EX 600( Experian can only be pulled by lender) . Well the middle score would be TU 619.They don't average them. So if can see number wise is your middle score.

Message 2 of 7
beehive
Regular Contributor

How low can the low number be? Excuse me if my questions are a little simple. : )

Message 3 of 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@beehive wrote:

How low can the low number be? Excuse me if my questions are a little simple. : )

In theory, the lower score could be very low.  With scores of 500, 620, and 621, for example, the middle score is still 620.

In practice, however, a very low score often means that there are derogatory entries on that credit report.  Lenders don't look just at the score, but at the contents of the credit report.  So if there are issues (judgements, collections, etc) that are causing the low score, then a loan application can still be rejected even if that middle score threshold is met.

Message 4 of 7
beehive
Regular Contributor

Thank you! Transnion is the low number at 558...it was 498 Jan '10..

I am in the process of  sending PFD letters to CA's.....fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 7
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

I have pulled my FICO EQ score and TU scores.  Would I need to look at my Experian score/report also?  Is there anything that would normally report there but not on Equifax/Transunion?

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mamahearts wrote:

I have pulled my FICO EQ score and TU scores.  Would I need to look at my Experian score/report also?  Is there anything that would normally report there but not on Equifax/Transunion?

It's quite normal for the reports to be slightly different. None of mine have the same exact information. So yes at some point you will need to know what all 3 scores are. In case you didn't already know no one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

So for most folks a lender is the only route to know all 3 scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.