cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland is a MESS! Messing up my closing--help!

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Midland is a MESS! Messing up my closing--help!

I need some assistance... I had a verison wireless account that was closed by the creditor in 2003 because of lack of payment. Shortly after, they turned it over to Midland to try and collect...it has been on my credit report, lets say, since 2004.

Fast forward to 2008. I disputed what they were reporting because there was some inaccurate information (cannot recall what, it was a bit ago). A few months ago, TU and EQ deleted from my CR... EX did not! Instead, Midland reaged the account (I think that is the right term) saying it was opened in 2007 (which is a lie).

Because it was within the last year, my mortgage loan co, wants me to pay it in full before I close!

OMG, this is so unfair...

So, here are my questions:

1. How can I quickly (like within a week or so) get this off of my report???
2. If I cannot get it off, I thought there was a way that loan companies can see when a collection was REALLY originally dated???

Any other advice?

I am posting this on the mortgage site too! I thought either Dallas or Shane spoke about #2 above.

Thanks all!

MM--
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Midland is a MESS! Messing up my closing--help!

One more thing (I found an old credit report (May of this year) that shows that on my Equifax report the last activity was 2004. It is not on my Equifax report anymore, only my Experian report.

Do you think I could use this with the loan company to show that they are reporting inaccurate information?
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

MichiganMommy wrote:
One more thing (I found an old credit report (May of this year) that shows that on my Equifax report the last activity was 2004. It is not on my Equifax report anymore, only my Experian report.

Do you think I could use this with the loan company to show that they are reporting inaccurate information?

I would certainly try. I was going to suggest that you dig up an old report. Worst case you fax that old report to the Credit Bureau and show proof the account was reaged. It may take some time though, which could delay your closing depending on your dates...
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

MichiganMommy wrote:
I need some assistance... I had a verison wireless account that was closed by the creditor in 2003 because of lack of payment. Shortly after, they turned it over to Midland to try and collect...it has been on my credit report, lets say, since 2004.

Fast forward to 2008. I disputed what they were reporting because there was some inaccurate information (cannot recall what, it was a bit ago). A few months ago, TU and EQ deleted from my CR... EX did not! Instead, Midland reaged the account (I think that is the right term) saying it was opened in 2007 (which is a lie).

Because it was within the last year, my mortgage loan co, wants me to pay it in full before I close! do they realize that it is an old account? the lender can verify the age. did you opt out?

OMG, this is so unfair... ?!?!?!

So, here are my questions:

1. How can I quickly (like within a week or so) get this off of my report??? 3 days with a credit line update. kind of like rapid rescore, except that they do not rescore.
2. If I cannot get it off, I thought there was a way that loan companies can see when a collection was REALLY originally dated??? some companies can.... others are dumber than mud

Any other advice?

I am posting this on the mortgage site too! I thought either Dallas or Shane spoke about #2 above.

Thanks all!

MM--

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reaging is when...they reset the drop off date...it doesn't matter when the account was opened....(in FICO land...but surely does for lenders)... it matter when it falls off...on the old reports...was the drop off date...sooner than it is now???...

You can send a copy of your new report...along with the old report....highlight the dates on Midland....explain how they are bumping up the date opened...ask for deletion....but...in the meantime...give the lenders the old report...or shouldn't they already have the original report...with the old date opened...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was applying, I cut and pasted a copy of my FICO report to show the date the charge was originally charged off by the OC and then the date it was reported by the CA, (recent!!)  They verified that with their credit reporting agency and said I wouldn't have to pay before closing.  (They don't know any better, they aren't addicited to the forums like we are!) Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.