Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Min 620 score and still having a difficult time

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Min 620 score and still having a difficult time

I worked so hard and finally got a mid score of 630 - I app'd with boa and Wells Fargo whom I have a relationship with both and got denied ! I was under impression Wells Fargo would go down to a 620 or lower. Anyone get approved with a direct lender with that score that could pm me - also I have a payment plan for student loans and a old charge off settled but not reporting - can I get approved with that not yet reporting and only the letter ? Thanks as this forum has been what's got me this far Smiley Happy and I appreciate all of you Smiley Happy
START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: Min 620 score and still having a difficult time

I was told to go to a smaller bank, the bigger banks usually say no. I was denied by chase with no direction, then I applied to polonia bank, they are giving me a 5000.00 grant & I was approved for more than I expected, I also was on my second job for only a year & it was no problem with them. I say go to a smaller bank.
Good luck
Message 2 of 13
natecooper75
Valued Member

I would suggest trying a local credit union if you have that option. I actually called them them first to ask what the minimum FICO score for USDA loans was before I wasted a HP. I knew my DW's scores were going to be borderline for a 640 minimum, but the stated minimum for the credit union for USDA loans was 620. This allowed me to apply with confidence.

We have made it through underwriting and have a conditional approval that didn't ask for anything credit related other than explaining recent inquiries, which is standard from what I can tell. If you have this option, I would suggest trying there. If not, my next suggestion would be a broker based on feedback that I have received from others.

EQ: 678 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | EX: 669 (Lender Pull 2/28/14) | TU: 664(Lender Pull 2/28/14) 651 (Discover TU 08 3/13/14) 693 (MyFICO TU 98)
Mouseover for Limits

Message 3 of 13
dzemboc77
Established Member

My medium score is 638 and I was pre qualifed through mapletreelending in NY,  meeting with them today but not sure if the lender will be national or someone local I will defenently post an update. I had a charge off from 08 that I need to take care of but other than that said theres no reason I wouldn't get approved.

Message 4 of 13
juleslanr
Established Member

I was just approved yesterday through automated underwriting and he said my mid score was 621!  I am not sure what bank they are using but he ran it through the Freddie Mac for FHA. 

Message 5 of 13
dizdat103

I'd suggest looking into BB&T's CHIP program.  I also was working hard to get my middle score up to a 620 so I could qualify.  Just received my prequal letter and secured a realtor.  Only took them about a day to get back with me.  It's pretty similar to an FHA loan, but without the PMI.  PM if you need more info!

EQ - 587 | EX - 634 | TU -578

Wells Fargo: $2500; Capital One: $3500; Nordstrom: $1000; Target: $300 NC SECU: $500; Bloomingdales: $100
Message 6 of 13
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Thank you sooo much and sorry so late for responding- i didnt get any notifications even though i picked for a email- either way Im in CT so i believe most of them didnt work with CT- not sure about polonia but i will look into it Smiley Happy

I found a place that does 620 and im currently in u/w BUT im not feeling confident and wanted to have multiple choices but i now have missed my 30 day window and am afraid to do another inquiry

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 13
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@dizdat103 wrote:

I'd suggest looking into BB&T's CHIP program.  I also was working hard to get my middle score up to a 620 so I could qualify.  Just received my prequal letter and secured a realtor.  Only took them about a day to get back with me.  It's pretty similar to an FHA loan, but without the PMI.  PM if you need more info!

I would like to know about the CHIP program.  I am stuck with a FHA due to a foreclosure that is not quite 5 years old yet only 4.  the PMI is a killer and affects the amount of the house I can afford.  my scores and rest of my file is fine for conventional.  If i am stuck with FHA I will be refinancing within a year.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 8 of 13
WINNING
New Contributor

I was denied FHA by a big bank even though my mid score was 632.... no collections, low cc utilization, car almost paid off.  I decided to go to a broker and my loan is moving smoothly with minimal conditions being requested.  I feel like big banks do not have your interest in mind nor are the loan officers required to be licensed.  I feel like my broker is working for ME and guess what!  If I don't get my loan he doesn't get paid!  He doesn't want all of his work to be in vain with no reward, so they will tell you any concerns up front and also if they think they can get the deal done.  I don't mind paying the extra money for a broker who is also acting as my advocate.

Starting Score: 537 (6/2011)
Current Score: Experian 679; Equifax 653; Transunion 664 (My Fico) (4/2014)
Goal Score: 700 across the board (12/31/2014)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 13
lesse
Frequent Contributor

@Congrats @WINNING  congrats !! what is the bank that you went through?

@WINNING wrote:

I was denied FHA by a big bank even though my mid score was 632.... no collections, low cc utilization, car almost paid off.  I decided to go to a broker and my loan is moving smoothly with minimal conditions being requested.  I feel like big banks do not have your interest in mind nor are the loan officers required to be licensed.  I feel like my broker is working for ME and guess what!  If I don't get my loan he doesn't get paid!  He doesn't want all of his work to be in vain with no reward, so they will tell you any concerns up front and also if they think they can get the deal done.  I don't mind paying the extra money for a broker who is also acting as my advocate.

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.