Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 1099 on last years taxes.

tag
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Missing 1099 on last years taxes.

my lender asked for my prior years w-2 and so I had to order them. I just revidenced them and realized that I  didn't file  my  1099 last year for a job I was at for 2  months. We are unde contract. What happens now? My taxes  income won't match up with all of my w2 and 1099? Iwill my loan be denied?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Missing 1099 on last years taxes.

1099's aren't verified by the lender, only 1040's, 1120's, and 1065's are.  Shouldn't be an issue.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

What if my lender orders my w2 from the irs. Will my 1099 be sent as well?

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

W-2's aren't ordered either.  However if for some reason they were, then they could just as easily order your 1099's.  Either way, mortgage lenders aren't the IRS, they are just looking for what income you've claimed on your tax return to determine what amount of qualifying income you have.  They aren't looking to report you to the IRS for what they may believe is the incorrect way to file your tax returns.  Worst case is you'd just need to write a letter of explanation on why you didn't include that 1099 income on your Schedule C.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.