Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mistakes on my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mistakes on my credit report

Now that I have addressed the collection (cough, cough, nothing could be done, they wouldn't do PFD and I can't get a response to the goodwill letters) I see that the bank reported paid off car loans are revolving credit.  Do I dispute those items as being classified as the wrong type of account, or does that matter?  

1st was opened in November 2010 and closed in Jan 2014 (Both Equifax and Experian and reporting as revolving)

2nd was open Nov 2008 and closed Nov 2013 (only Equifax reporting it wrong)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mistakes on my credit report

Oh and when Citibank took over my Best Buy credit card from Capitol One,

Equifax shows open with CBNA and no status with Captiol One

Trans Union shows Closed with Capitol One and open with CBNA

Experian shows nothing with CBNA and closed with Capitol One...

It should all show open with Citibank (CBNA) reporting zero balance...  Do I fix any of this or will it drag my score lower?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't bother with any of it. Likely to have little or no impact on scores,  won't affect qualification, and will likely delay the process.

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't touch any of it assuming they're positive tradelines.

The Bestbuy, that transition just happened IIRC, and it might take a bit for the tradeline data to get sorted out; that's not uncommon much like a new account first report often is missing salient data.

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that is what I thought too, but wasn't sure.  All is positive, I only have one baddie on my report and it just so happens it is with a company that refuses to do a good will or PFD from 2012.  It isn't reported to TU, and is a medical collection of $25 that I paid last month after much discussion and persistance to no success. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

hipaa for medical collections Smiley Happy

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.