Regular Contributor
timber

Monthly Gross Income (Biweekly or Annual Salary/12)

Quick question... I'm paid biweekly, so when determining my monthly gross income, is it 2 X my biweekly pay or is it my annual salary divided by 12? I hope it's the latter, because obviously biweekly pay is a little less with 2 additional pays for the year. Thanks for any help figuring this out.
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Monthly Gross Income (Biweekly or Annual Salary/12)

timber wrote:
Quick question... I'm paid biweekly, so when determining my monthly gross income, is it 2 X my biweekly pay or is it my annual salary divided by 12? I hope it's the latter, because obviously biweekly pay is a little less with 2 additional pays for the year. Thanks for any help figuring this out.

Well, biweekly should be your gross pay x 26 paydays so as to equal your annual salary. That should equal your annual salary divided by 12 months.

You can't multiply your biweekly pay by 2 to equal your monthly salary, because there are more than 4 weeks in a given month (except this month). Now if you were paid semi-monthly then it would by x 2 paydays to equal monthly pay.

Regular Contributor
timber

Re: Monthly Gross Income (Biweekly or Annual Salary/12)

Thanks Illecs, I completely understand the biweekly X 26 = annual salary. I just wasn't sure if a LO used the gross on 2 biwwekly paychecks to calculate my monthly gross, because I look at it like I get paid twice a month 10 months out of the year and every 6 months I get an extra pay. It's probably just my distorted way of looking at it. :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+