Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Insurance

tag
DominicArthur
New Visitor

Monthly Insurance

I am paying monthly insurance premium on a car. As it is on a credit payment it is shown in my credit file as a monthly payment. When I lend money from somewhere else on mortgage is it necessary to mention this to my mortgage agent. Will the monthly installments will also be covered under the category of loan?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: Monthly Insurance

NO, Auto insurance is not calculated against you when you get a mortgage. Now I am confused as you said it shows up on your credit file? I have never seen tihs before as auto insurance is not a loan.

Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

In some subprime auto loans the auto insurance is included in the montly payment. I don't have experience with that aspect. I have heard of it.

OP is the insurance shown as a separate line item on your statement? Or is it shown as one monthly amount?

Message 3 of 4
edcampbell613
Contributor

Have you pulled your credit and checked? I guess it would be the underwriters discretion, but they could remove the payment against you as it should not be calculated against your ratios.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.