Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

Re: More FHA questions.

[ Edited ]

clintj57 wrote:
Okay. Thanks guys for the help this whole process has me on pins and needles. I don't think I've ever been so stressed in my life. The LO is telling me not to worry, everything will go through just fine, but easier said than done. I've passed the auto underwriting, the house appraised for about $4,000 than the loan amount, and I'm set to close July 14th. Just hoping to get through this underwriting process with my sanity.

I hope you mean that the house appraised for $4000 more than the contract purchase price (not the loan amount). The lender loans on the purchase price or the appraised value, whichever is lower.

clintj57

More yes sorry lol. I told you this stuff was making me crazy
clintj57

More than the purchase prise
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
StartingOver10

clintj57 wrote:
More than the purchase prise

That is good news! :smileyhappy:

clintj57

clintj57

Do loans often get denied I underwriting after passing auto underwriting?
Valued Contributor
ezdriver

Yes ... but you would have some sense, with the help of your loan officer, how likely an approval or denial will be issued. Remember that autounderwriting is a computer system that issues results based on data input. If any of that data turns out to be incorrect/inadequate [eg: income], then it is going to be caught by the human underwriter. No denial should be a 100% surprise. If it is, then the LO has not done a good job.

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}