Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morgatge and Judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morgatge and Judgements

Can you get a mortgage loan with paid satisfied judgements listed on your credit report.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Stylez
Valued Member

Re: Morgatge and Judgements

Yes, you can get a mortgage with a judgement on your credit report as long as it's satisfied.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks
Message 3 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

I second that.

A judgement will drop your score like no tomorrow but as long as it shows 'satisfied', you're good to go. All judgement, the bank will ask you to explain the reason anyway.

Most deragatories have to explained in a way or another with manual underwriting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a judgement that was opened against me in 2008 and was satisfied paid in full in 2009. Zero problems with underwriting other than showing them a copy of the court order in which it was satisfied in full. 

Message 5 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a judgement that was opened against me in 2008 and was satisfied paid in full in 2009. Zero problems with underwriting other than showing them a copy of the court order in which it was satisfied in full. 

Isn't your Satisfaction recorded in the public records? If not, it should be done asap.

Message 6 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

Generally, judgements are reported to the CB's as satisfied or other. The bank/LO will just look at it and know it's satisfied if it states on your report.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually StartingOver I was going to ask about that, but I didn't want to hijack this thread. I'm not sure what I would need to do to take care of this, do I just need to head to the courthouse? My credit scores are in the mid 700s so I would assume if I had this updated it would jump up even higher?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.