cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortagage qualification insight request, What do you think?

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Mortagage qualification insight request, What do you think?

Okay so I should be able to show 75k this year in income.

My credit scores: EQ 610 TU 637

The EQ score doesn't reflect a collection account from 9/2009 that is being removed and that my CC balances have been paid from 40% down to 1%.

The TU Score doesn't include another collection from 03/2009 being removed as well as a 150 late LOC that was deleted as well. When this LOC was deleted from EQ I got 18 point increase. The score also reflects 40% CC utilization but I have paid to 1%.

So this is what remains on my accounts after everything is cleared up that is supposed to be:

EQ:

Capital one Auto, 4x 30 day late. It was one early in the year and one late in the year, two years in a row. Last late will be November 2010 which is about the same time that I apply.

Sallie Mae 90 day and 120 day late from 2006

TU: Same Capital One Auto 4x 30 day lates as EQ.

The Myfico simulator puts me at TU 687 if I pay my bills on time for 6 months with the previously mentioned items still on the report.

I want to apply October/November and be in a house at the end of december. I have a car payment, but I will be paying it off before I close. I won't be paying it off too soon since I don't want to mess up my credit mix. I want to get credit scores in their hands before I pay off and show them the title to the car. Wells fargo said they only pull one score and that the score is good for 4 months. I have no other monthly debts. I am going into child custody battle in july, however I'm fighting for sole custody and don't want to include child support into this equation although I know it would should I have to pay it.

I am thinking of putting about 10k down or so and show about 30,000 in seasoned funds for reserves. The income will be 'self-employed' comission based, I'm hoping that they will allow me to us a P&L statement to prove my income over the last 12 months as I took a large portion of time off in 2010 and can only show about 35k. I grossed 100k in 2009 but adjusted down to 40k since I had a lot of expendatures from running a businss myself that I never experienced again due to contracting with someone else who absorbed those costs. 2008 I was regular employed at 80k and so far in 2011 I've made 50k to date from january to this month of june and should continue strong with no change. A P&L over the last 12 months will show over 75k adjusted if they will accept it.

This will be a first time purchase in Arizona.

If anyone can give me some feedback or comments that would be great, thanks!

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortagage qualification insight request, What do you think?

Other than the income issue which you already know my thoughts on, your credit should be OK particularly with the amount of reserves you can show.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Wonderful, thanks again shane. Should my 75k a year hypothetically be accepted, any ballpark figure that they might approve me for?

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You are welcome.  I would need to know where you are buying and what the minimum required payments on your debt at the time you plan on applying.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Message 4 of 6
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

I'll be purchasing in Chandler Arizona. I'll have no debts.

=============
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

With FHA financing you should be able to qualify for the FHA loan limit in Maricopa County with just a 3.5% down payment, which would translate to about a $358,000 sales price... that can get you some real nice homes in Chandler.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.