cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortage Credit Bureau number vs Consumer Credit Bureau numbers

tag
makwis

Mortage Credit Bureau number vs Consumer Credit Bureau numbers

I'm starting the closing process on a mortgage loan and we ran into a small issue on my credit report.  We are trying to rectify this with the credit card company and get my score rescored.  However, I bought all 3 of my credit scores and when I gave those to my loan officer he told me that the consumer credit bureau is different than the mortgage credit bureau.  My question is- how much of a difference can it be?  He's telling me it could be 50 pts difference which I find very hard to believe!  I'm very green to all of this, so I apologize.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortage Credit Bureau number vs Consumer Credit Bureau numbers

Who did you buy your credit scores from?

There are dozens of credit scoring models - mortgage lenders typically use Fico scores, two of which can be purchased from MyFico. Almost all of the non-Fico scores are worthless, as mortgage lenders do not use them ...

Message Edited by Revike on 08-20-2009 08:08 AM
Message 2 of 6
makwis

I bought mine through myfico.com, so I'm wondering how they could be that different.  I told him that I bought them through here and that's when he told me they were pretty different.
Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

When did you buy them??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
makwis

Yesterday and they pulled my figures on 08/10
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, things can change in 9 days.

You mentioned that you bought all 3 credit scores here - however, MyFico only sells two Fico scores - Equifax and TransUnion. The Experian Fico score is not available to the general public.

That Equifax Fico score is also known as Beacon 5.0 and that TransUnion score is also known as Classic 98 (or similar). You might ask the lender what specific score names are listed on the credit reports he pulled. There are other Fico versions - for example, it's common for many mortgage lenders to pull TU'04 instead of TU'98 ...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.