cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortage Loan Sold to Chase - Can't seem to make a payment!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortage Loan Sold to Chase - Can't seem to make a payment!

All, I purchased my home in 8/08.  Loan was with Wells Fargo.  I refinanced in 2/09 with Freedom Mortgage.  I received anotice mid May that my loan was being sold to Chase Home Finance effective 06/02/09. . 

Now comes the fun part.  According to the letters received from Freedom and Chase, any payments due after 6/2 should be made to Chase.  It doesn't look like the automatic transfer to Freedom occurred on 6/1 like it was suppose to, the money is still in the bank.  I've tried contacting Chase and my Chase Loan Number provided on the Chase letter doesn't exist in their system.  You can't get through to a live person at Chase without the loan number and you can't set up an online account because the loan number doesn't exist on their system.

What should I do?  I want to make sure that I don't double pay my 6/1 payment but I can't get answers from Freedom or Chase. 

Just want to make my 6/1 payment........HELP!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortage Loan Sold to Chase - Can't seem to make a payment!

Have you tried just bypassing their automated telephone system to go right to an operator? That's what i do when i call them about my credit card, just keep hitting 0. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their system won't allow you to bypass, believe me, I tried several times.  I also tried to contact the other areas (credit cards, new mortage loans, etc.) to get a live person and they keep transferring me back to customer service which is the automated system that won't allow you to talk to a live person without a valid loan number (even though I tell them that I can't get through on that number).  If you push 0, it tells you it's invalid and if you keep pushing 0 it tells you to call back when you have a valid number.

Doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in Chase, that's for sure.  Anyone other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Their system won't allow you to bypass, believe me, I tried several times.  I also tried to contact the other areas (credit cards, new mortage loans, etc.) to get a live person and they keep transferring me back to customer service which is the automated system that won't allow you to talk to a live person without a valid loan number (even though I tell them that I can't get through on that number).  If you push 0, it tells you it's invalid and if you keep pushing 0 it tells you to call back when you have a valid number.

Doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in Chase, that's for sure.  Anyone other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

countrywide should be able to give you a number to talk to or see if you have a local chase bank in your area

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

steelfan wrote: countrywide should be able to give you a number to talk to or see if you have a local chase bank in your area

CountryWide has nothing to do with Chase. I think you're confusing Chase with Bank of America (who recently bought out CountryWide).
Message 5 of 10
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I would personally goto your local chase branch and speak to a manager and have them get you in touch with a live person that way. They should be able to get you squared away.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Chase branch within 50 miles of my city.  Unreal.   Anyway, I e-mailed a mortgage loan person at their corporate office.  Sure hope they get back to me.  Not real impressed at this point.
Message 7 of 10
granny031350
Established Contributor

do you have a chase bank within driving distance?  For not making a late payment, it might be worth the drive to get to one, or call a branch office and see if they can assist.  I would be sitting on their doorstep and insisting I talk to someone who could help me be sure the payment gets posted. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dial the number 1-800-848-9136

Immediately dial *0 when it answers (don't listen to all the messages)

Then it will tell you they need more info and to access your mortgage account by SSN press 1.

So press 1 and then put in your social and they should be able to pull up your mortgage that way Smiley Very Happy

Hope it works for you

Message 9 of 10
rivernh
Contributor

Sometimes to bypass a automated system and get a real person it works to press * or # instead of zero

It might be worth a try

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.