cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortage.

tag
snsforever916
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortage. One person decent credit/other poor.

@farrenday wrote:

Okay so I pulled his creditkarma which I know is a FAKO but here's what it said. I'll pull his other reports later.

Score: 595

He is currently a student so he added a $4700 financial aid loan that boosted him to the 595 from his score of 538 5 months ago.

Five Delinquent accounts. The  Century bank was his car that is paid off.

1. FST PREMIER Credit CardClosed10%
2. FST PREMIER Credit CardClosed10%
3. WFNNB/EXPRES Credit CardClosed10%
4. CAP ONE Credit CardClosed10%
5. CENTURY BANK PersonalClosed492%

These credit cards were below 2,000 total and were last used 2 years ago.

You have the following credit inquiries listed on your credit report:

Lender:   Type: Date:
1. NARS Collection Services

Mar 9, 2012

So that's everything. I know the first two are credit cards, third is an Express Card, and the 5th is a paid off vehicle.

Any advice is appreciated!!

1st I would debt validate any accounts that are not his.

2nd I would PFD any collections or chargeoffs that you can afford to pay in full.

3rd Goodwill all/any lates.

4th Add him as an authorized user to your oldest/largest accounts if you feel comfortable...and if not have him go to a local credit union and start a secured credit card and build it every month if possible. Have him do that even if you add him as an auth user.

5th after 6 months have him try to apply to Cap 1 Hopefully with the secured card and au on your accounts, that will put him at 3-4 cards. Have all of the cards but one report 0 and one card reporting 3-9% of credit limit. (You can skip this step, especially if he has a total of 3 credit cards)

Make sure he pays on his student loan and is never late on anything! Impress the thought that at this point there has to be a strict budget and you will not have any play money in order to get these accounts taken care of. I would say once you get him more available credit and get that collection paid and removed he may be around 620. I do not see any luck with goodwilling any lates but you can try and should try.  

Starting Scores:
Lender Pull 7/10/2012 EQ 585 EX 617 TU 551
8/2012 MyFico EX 598 01/2013 EX 608 2/2013 EX 620 Smiley Surprised)
9/12/2012 624 (Fico Discover)
02/7/2013 660 (Fico Wally)
At least I'm heading in the right direction!!!

Goal Score:740+, home loan and Get rid of subprime cards!!!

Message 11 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

My husband is not on the loan and is a stay at home Dad. They told me if he worked, our income would be too high to qualify for this program we are going through. His score is nonexistent as he has a thin file so he won't be on the loan. So they MIGHT consider your husband's additional income. I would ask. I just added my husband as an AU on one of my credit cards. See if you can add him as an AU to your cards so he can earn good payment history to get his scores up.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 13
farrenday
Established Member

Thank you both for the great information!

We're going to get started on his credit now. Thanks again!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.