Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage App & Scores are way off from here

tag
spudbro
Valued Member

Mortgage App & Scores are way off from here

Hi,

So in order to get the best LTV & Rate I need to have a mid score over 720 from both banks that I have been working with. My EQ score here says 770, EXP 736 & TU 738. I officially put in an app today with bank #1 today and they ran a tri merge report and it came back with my scores being EQ 712, EXP 689 & TU 691. I know that the EXP and TU scores provided here aren't accurate with what the mortgage bank is going to pull but how is my EQ score nearly 60 points off? I thought they pulled the same EQ score as here? Is it because it is a tri merge report? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage App & Scores are way off from here

nope, they use a different model.  I had my scores pulled by my mortgage broker and TU and EQ were pulled using the FICO'04 model and EX was pulled using the FICO'02 model!!!!!

All three scores came out different than what is listed here!!  My TU and EQ scores on here are in the LOWWWWWW 630s since the "upgrade" to '08.... both scores using '04 were in the high 670's!

My EX score was within 3 points of what it was listed on here Smiley Happy

I stopped watching and buying reports on here.  They were useless for mortgage #s.  I do have the scorewatch still in place, but that's moreso so I can see what changes on my credit report are doing to my score overall.

Sorry to hear about the #s .... that hurts when you're totally blindsighted Smiley Sad

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 2 of 5
spudbro
Valued Member

Ya I expected the TU and EXP numbers to be off but was more blindsided on how there was a 60 point difference between my EQ score and bank pull. I thought they were suppose to be identical. 

Message 3 of 5
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

A few months ago MyFico changed EQ from the 04 model to the 08.  Thus the scores no longer will match what a lender would pull.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 4 of 5
lesse
Frequent Contributor

A few months ago my EQ score was Exactly what the lender pulled then i saw something had changed and then my last lender pull on 7/11 was 694 and on myFICO it is 648.. it was a PLEASANT suprise but i wasnt happy at the major difference since im paying. i havent pulled another report since and i wont be .

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.