Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Application & Macy's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Application & Macy's

Good Morning ....This is just my second post but this site has certainly been a wealth of information so far.  I have a couple of questions.  My wife and I are currently applying for an FHA insured loan.  Our middle scores are 710 (me) and 735 (wife).  The LO says everything looks OK so far.  He gave us the usual cautionary speech about doing anything to impact the scores during the loan process.  My wife had a Macy's Visa account listed on her Credit Report and, a month into the process, Macy's sends her a new AmEx card to replace the Visa.  Will this have an adverse impact on her credit score?  Should I give the lender a heads up so he is not blindsided by the new account when they pull my report again?  I have heard that AmEx accounts can have a negative impact because they don't report credit limits, making it seem like you are maxed out.  Also, I fear that this will show up as a new account.  What do you all think?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Application & Macy's

It wasnt anything you did at most a letter of explanation may be needed

shouldnt be a problem

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

After the conversion the tradeline name and account number changed, but nothing else changed. The credit card tradeline continues to report the credit limit for me.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys....I don't know why I worry so much.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.