Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Apprival and 1099-c

tag
RR5

Mortgage Apprival and 1099-c

Hello,

We have an account that was charged off in 2009 and was written off last year, so we got a 1099-c last year for it.( we never made a payment on the account)  On our credit report, it still says the amount charged off as 4650 and past due amount of 850 but since we got the 1099c, can we apply for mortgage and use that to prove that the balance is no longer owed? i'm just trying to see if anyone had similar experience and if you were able to get a mortgage?

We asked the bank if they are willing to settle and they said they cannot do that but would only take a payment in full, which would not be fair to do since we paid taxes on it.

Any help would be really appreciated. We're hoping to be able to buy next summer...

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage Apprival and 1099-c

Is everything else ready to go with your loan?  You're mortgage broker will tell you if it has to be paid.  But since you've paid it in taxes it shouldn't be still owed.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RR5

Re: Mortgage Apprival and 1099-c

Well, we do have two more collections that im in the process of trying to settle, other than that, i think everything should be good to go by summer time. Does anyone else have experience with this? Last time i talked to the rep, he said they will not take settlements on this account, only pay in full, which is $4,600.00 but if we paid taxes on the whole amount, i don't think we should be lialbe for paying it off, right??

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.