Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Approval Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Approval Advice

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on my situation. 
My goal is to buy a house appraised at $148,000.  I have very low credit scores (low 500's).  I have many old collections.  I have had an unsecured loan for the last three years with perfect payments.  I have had an auto loan for the last three years with pretty decent payments (couple lates).
My debt situation is as follows:
Old Collection Debt $6000
Auto $12000
Unsecured Loan $3500
Unsecured Loan $2200
I understand that I need to get my credit cleaned up and have been working my tail off to get this done.
I am in the process of getting a secured loan (I own a $22,000 lot and my vehicle) to payoff of old debt (including any collection accounts) and consolidate my payments to one payment.  I work with my local bank who is very helpful, but would have to outsource the mortgage loan.
I have hired Lexington Law to help me keep my credit report updated with the paid off collections.
My position within the next two to three weeks will be as follows:
All old collections paid off
Consolidated Secured Loan for other debt
Will have $5000 reserves in the bank
Will have approx $18,000 to put down on the $148,000 condo (a new construction unit in a six plex)
The downpayment will come from a bonus through my employment.  My normal salary is $44,000 per year. 
Does it seem feasible that I will be able to qualify for a mortgage?  Am I heading in the right direction? Does anyone have any input?  Does anyone have any references for the state of Iowa?
Thanks very much!!!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Approval Advice

Credit 101 http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=29793

Rebuilding Credit. Start with the threads stickied at the top.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=rebuildingcredit

Read everything you can on all the forums. There is great info all over!

Message Edited by scorerise on 06-17-2009 02:37 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.