cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Approved, then Student Loan and LVNV issues... Will lender do a second credit pull?

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage Approved, then Student Loan and LVNV issues... Will lender do a second credit pull?

Was the charge off date (usually the date of major delinquency) 08/2005?

If TU estimates it will fall of 11/2011, then we keep our fingers crossed that they remove it 12/01/2011.  It sounds like TU is going off of the DOFD.   But keep in mind, that if the charge off date was 08/2005, it CAN stay on 7 yrs from  that date (08/2012).   Which is when the CA could no longer report it.

Keep your records so if it does come back, you can show proof to your lender that it IS an old debt!

*fingers crossed that the lender doesn't pull credit again*

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Approved, then Student Loan and LVNV issues... Will lender do a second credit pull?

Thanks for the good vibes IOBA! I don't see any charge off date listed.

Will probably just let this one lie still and hope that it falls off Dec 1 or will just have a letter of explanation prepared in the case that the lender questions it.
Message 12 of 17
IOBA
Senior Contributor

My suggestions would be write your letter of explaination now and include of copy of your CR that shows a fall off date of 2011.  That way you are prepared in case they do ask.

Have you opted out yet?

Message 13 of 17
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

Hey just wanted to let you know that I'm opted out and they still popped up on me for and account in 2005.  I would do more research on them before PFD. I'm currently trying to get a delete and several others recently have gotten a delete. It dropped my TU 100 points because its reporting some sort of revolving balance. I don't know that they are supposed to be reporting that way.

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard this too that opting out doesn't really work all the time. 

I am optimistic that I will be ok here. Even if the bank does a second credit pull prior to closing, I am sure they are more interested in if I have any NEW credit or any collections on RECENT debt, which I do not. They should be able to see that the collection that just popped up (LVNV) is for a debt from late 2004!

Wish me luck!!!

Message 15 of 17
JGWantsAHouse
Regular Contributor

Good Luck!

Closed on my first home April 2012

Starting Score: 559 11/2010
Current Score: 600 Equifax, 681 Transunion, 663 Experian(Lender)
Goal Score: 660+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

How did things go with LVNV?  Did you get your mortgage closed?   I am having issues with them prior to me getting my pre-approval. 

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.