Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Assumption

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Assumption

We are selling our house and the buyer asked if our mortgage is assumable. I called Chase and they said that if the buyer qualifies, yes . Buyer has excellent credit, so assumption should go through. our current fixed interest rate is 5.75 and the rates the buyers has been getting from mortgage companies are around 6.5. Is this really a win/win situation? I asked the bank if we (sellers) would be responsible if buyer defaults in the future, and they said no, we are completely removed from responsibility and liability as soon as mortgage is assumed. Any thoughts, experiences, advice? thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Assumption

@Anonymous wrote:
We are selling our house and the buyer asked if our mortgage is assumable. I called Chase and they said that if the buyer qualifies, yes . Buyer has excellent credit, so assumption should go through. our current fixed interest rate is 5.75 and the rates the buyers has been getting from mortgage companies are around 6.5. Is this really a win/win situation? I asked the bank if we (sellers) would be responsible if buyer defaults in the future, and they said no, we are completely removed from responsibility and liability as soon as mortgage is assumed. Any thoughts, experiences, advice? thanks

this is an excellent deal for both of you.
The biggest issue is how much they are going to pay you for this privilege and how.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.