Valued Member
adoak

Mortgage Commitment

My purchase contract noted that a mortgage commitment was due by September 12, 2012.  My attorney has had to request two extensions on account that we're still waiting for underwriting to provide the mortgage commitment.  Over the past week I've had to respond to a series of requests/conditions from underwriting, including LOE for credit items, bank items, 12 months worth of rent payments etc.  A LOE was requested to explain why I had a prior short sale and what I have done to change my situation since then.

Now I'm nervous that I won't get the mortgage commitment.

Has anyone had to provide a LOE explaining a prior short sale or foreclosure?  What are underwriters looking for?!?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}