Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Credit Score Less Than 620

tag
loveflying2014
Visitor

Mortgage Credit Score Less Than 620

Are there any lenders that will finance a new home purchase with a mid score of less than 620?  Mine is 614, close but not there yet.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage Credit Score Less Than 620

Hard to say with the different loan changes out there. You maybe able to qualify for an ARM loan but you would need to refi it into a fixed within a few years. You may need to work with a Broker unless you can get over the 620 hurdle. If your looking to go FHA I would strongly recommend at least a 640 score to open yourself up to more options.

Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Credit Score Less Than 620

with less than 620 everything else needs to be perfect and they will want a larger down payment  that is if you can locate a bank offering this - 

most want a 640 but 620 is allowed at a few banks

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.