Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Credit Score vs. FICO Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Credit Score vs. FICO Credit Score

Last week my mortgage broker and I pulled my credit scores; however, the TU score he received was 11 points higher than the Fico Score I was purchased.This 11 point differential always happens and I am not complaining! 

Is there a different credit score for the mortgage companies? If so, how is this calculated? Also, a Bally's collection (Jan '08) will be removed in the next two weeks. This is the only derogatory item I have for the 12 month credit history for FHA. How much will this raise my mortgage credit score? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Mortgage Credit Score vs. FICO Credit Score

This site uses a very old version of TU scoring, the 98 version, while most lenders have moved to '04.
Message 2 of 5
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

So if your credit scores are 570, 561, and 581 when you go to to apply for a mortgage they may show slightly higher?
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

lenders pull a 'mortgage enhanced fico'
weighs a few things differently than generic fico.
a lot of people get the same scores as me when they pull from myfico.
sometimes it is different by a few points
Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their are bank card enhanced scores such as PFICO and there are Auto enhanced FICO scores but the "classic" scores you pull on here are in fact a mortgage FICO version. Sometimes there are different formulas that are mortgage centric, such as the TU 98 and 04 versions.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.