cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage DTI Confuse? First time buyer--- Does your Credit Card balance included in you DTI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage DTI Confuse? First time buyer--- Does your Credit Card balance included in you DTI?

Were suppose to close the next couple weeks. I use my credit card to get points and pay them in full every month. Right now my credit card balance is $1400.. Should I pay them in full now? Will the underwriter count my credit balance as part of my DTI.. ? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Mortgage DTI Confuse? First time buyer--- Does your Credit Card balance included in you DTI?

Yes and Yes!  Pay it off.  All the way to zero.  You close in a few weeks... and at the most only charge no more than $20.  Don't jeopardize your mortgage.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 2 of 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Mortgage DTI Confuse? First time buyer--- Does your Credit Card balance included in you DTI?

@kuku4koco wrote:

Yes and Yes!  Pay it off.  All the way to zero.  You close in a few weeks... and at the most only charge no more than $20.  Don't jeopardize your mortgage.

not quite correct there. the minimum payment counts towards your DTI NOT the balance.

Message 3 of 6
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Oh well in that case....  Thanks for clearing that up Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How about if you don't use all of your cards currently. Will they still count your minimum payments towards dti. Example if I have 8 cards but only really use 3 all the time and minimum payment is 25 on each. Do they just count 75$ towards dti or 25x8 for all 8 account opened? thanks.

Message 5 of 6
amthystwlf
New Contributor

only cards with balances

Scores on 4/182016
Mortgage - EQ 694 EX 713 TU 706
FICO - EQ 654 EX 696 TU 691
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.