Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Help!

I've had a spotless credit report up until recently, but back in May I voluntarily surrendered my vehicle. I was upfront with them the whole time and they never reported my repo, it only shows as 150 day late payment (which is still horrible). Since then I have contacted them and set up a payment plan so on my CR it shows my car loan is paid off and now I have a personal loan through my credit union. This has dropped my credit score down to 500. I currently have a mortgage on a home and have for the past year but I'm suddenly having to relocate for work. I'm going to want to get mortgage again where I relocate which will be in about 7-8 months. So my question is.. Will I be able to obtain a mortgage having a recent 150 day late payment and a credit score of 500? And if not, how can I raise my score? Am I going to have to play the waiting game and give this late payment some time?

4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage Help!

spotless credit dropped to 500 with one account?

you must have a thin credit profile?

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

do you have a spouse with separate credit accounts?

maybe you can get added to those good accounts?

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really young.. my oldest account is from 2011. Most accounts are from 2013 and earlier.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I've never had a credit card. My credit score is really based off of this car loan, student loans, and a line of credit. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.