Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Inquiries Question

tag
xecutech
Contributor

Mortgage Inquiries Question

Before we applied for our mortgage, I only had 1 inquirie on there. After applying, the same mortgage company ran us 3 times, so now I am wondering if they will all count as one being from the same company/timeframe we were trying to get a mortgage, or will it always show 3 inquiries?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage Inquiries Question

Is it 3 inquiries on each bureau, or 1 inquiry on each bureau and you are just seeing it listed 3 times (1 on each one)?   It'd be very odd for a mortgage company to check your credit 3 separate times unless it spanned over a very long period of time (6+ months).

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
xecutech
Contributor

3 times on each bureau over a 30 day period. They pulled when we started, after a rescore and the day before we closed. It shows 3 times on 3 different dates.

I was hoping they will all combine, so I wouldn't have a lot of inquiries.

Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Well those are all legit inquiries then.  However since they were all within a 30 day period it should just be counted as one when it comes to impacting your score.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
xecutech
Contributor

Thank you Shane. That's what I was hoping for. It just looked like a lot when I was checking my credit report.

Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

Well those are all legit inquiries then.  However since they were all within a 30 day period it should just be counted as one when it comes to impacting your score.

yep

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.