Contributor
xecutech

Mortgage Inquiries Question

Before we applied for our mortgage, I only had 1 inquirie on there. After applying, the same mortgage company ran us 3 times, so now I am wondering if they will all count as one being from the same company/timeframe we were trying to get a mortgage, or will it always show 3 inquiries?

Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Mortgage Inquiries Question

Is it 3 inquiries on each bureau, or 1 inquiry on each bureau and you are just seeing it listed 3 times (1 on each one)?   It'd be very odd for a mortgage company to check your credit 3 separate times unless it spanned over a very long period of time (6+ months).

Contributor
xecutech

3 times on each bureau over a 30 day period. They pulled when we started, after a rescore and the day before we closed. It shows 3 times on 3 different dates.

I was hoping they will all combine, so I wouldn't have a lot of inquiries.

Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Well those are all legit inquiries then.  However since they were all within a 30 day period it should just be counted as one when it comes to impacting your score.

Contributor
xecutech

Thank you Shane. That's what I was hoping for. It just looked like a lot when I was checking my credit report.

Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

Well those are all legit inquiries then.  However since they were all within a 30 day period it should just be counted as one when it comes to impacting your score.

yep

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}