Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Inquiry

I have a complicated mortgage inquiry issue. I was logged into my bank's website on March 10th (Navy Federal Credit Union) and I was looking at some of their mortgage rates online. The next morning I noticed an inquiry from all three credit bureaus from Equifax Mortgage Solutions - On behalf of Navy Federal Credit Union. I did not submit an application for a mortgage, and this is a hard inquiry. My question is, what exactly constitutes an electronic authorization to pull my credit? Obviously my bank has my social security number on file, but at no time did I fill out any information requesting my credit to be pulled. Do I have any recourse to get this off my reports?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Inquiry

that happens to me too... I think if you log on to your account and fill up like an inquiry form, for them this is a request for pre-qualification or pre-approval inquiry and it will be a hard pull on your credit report...

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage Inquiry

send a letter to them and cra that this was unauthorized

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.