Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lender and IRS payment plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Lender and IRS payment plan

My husband and I are waiting on final approval for a mortgage. We fulfilled the first round of conditions easily but now we have a problem with one of them.

We are on a payment plan with the IRS for $50 a month. It comes out of my account every month on the 25th. The lender asked for the payment agreement, I don’t have it. I called the IRS and they don’t have it either but the lady faxed over some transcripts that show the payment being applied every month. The lender wants something that states that the $50 is an agreed upon amount. I called the IRS again and they said they don’t have anything else to send and the lady said that the documents she sent normally work. Our loan processor said she would send it to her manager and see if it would work and then our loan originator called and said she would escalate to her manager and that she doesn’t even understand what the deal is because it doesn’t put us over the DTI.
My question is, are we totally screwed or has anyone ever found something else to get from the IRS?
Our lender is DHI Mortgage.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: Mortgage Lender and IRS payment plan

That letter should work.  The lender want to see how many payments are left on the agreement. Is your CPA was involved in this transaction with IRS? If yes get something from CPA who can explain how many payments left on IRS payment plan. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Lender and IRS payment plan

Unfortunately it did not work. I’m on hold with the IRS again. I didn’t have a CPA. We had messed up on our dependents so not enough taxes were being taken out.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.