Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lender who handles different loans

tag
tmoney
Regular Contributor

Mortgage Lender who handles different loans

Greetings,

I,m looking to start the home buying process and would like a recommendation of a lender who handles all types of loans. VA ,FHA and Conventional

loans. I do qualify for a VA loan but me and my fiance haven;t married yet .Probably in October so I not sure she can be on the loan.We would both like to be ,increasing our home affordability. Anyone know if VA has a time frame to be married while pursuing a VA loan. If I can't use the VA loan ,I would like to try FHA or Conventional but

would like to use the same lender for whatever loan I use.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Mortgage Lender who handles different loans

Mortgage bankers usually do all of those loans since they underwrite and fund their own loans. You just have to ask them when you are interviewing the LO. Make it your first question Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 4
tmoney
Regular Contributor

I live in PA, philadelphia area ,looking to buy in Delaware if anyone could recommend a lender

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Your fiance could go on a VA loan with you, but it'd require a down payment of 12.5% of the purchase price.  So as long as you are married prior to closing, then she could go on the VA loan with you and no down payment would be required (would need to provide your marriage license/cert).

If you are going to purchase before then, then depending on how much you are putting down and what your credit scores would determine if FHA or conventional would be a better option to purchase with.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.