cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lenders - Who are you using?

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Re: Mortgage Lenders - Who are you using?

Nope no points and 3.75% rate, which was excellent at the time.

Of course, I have that horrendous FHA mortgage insurance Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 14
Movin_on_up
New Contributor

Yes, the PMI...   As I'm putting down 10% almost everything I've seen has PMI (and this is not an eligible FHA as it's not a primary).  Although I was offered one 5/1 ARM from one of the local banks at 3.1% that does not have the PMI.   I'm running numbers today to see what makes sense.  Not so keen on ARMs as the rates should only go up.

Starting score: EQ FICO 8 702 (1/1/2012)
Current scores: EQ FICO 8: 763 / TU FICO 8: 760 / EX FICO 8: 765

Wallet: Chase Freedom 12K - Discover More 12K - Walmart 1K - Capital One MC 1K
Message 12 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I do believe most of those closing cost credits were only for FHA... which you are correct obviously can't be used for an investment property.

Message 13 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@frugalQ wrote:
I'm going to play devils advocate: if you purchase an investment property and the "bubble bursts", wouldn't that benefit you as the rental market will pick up?

Not certain that rental markets necessarily track mortgage ones anymore.

To wit, here in a suburb of LA, homes are back to the pre-bubble prices; however, rents are tracking well ahead of where they were in 2006.  Granted California has shot off it's own foot with Prop 13 when it comes to any sort of normalcy in the real-estate market, but I imagine Cali isn't the only one with a similar rental issue even if the reasons might be different.

        
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.