Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Lenders in Houston, TX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Lenders in Houston, TX

Anyone have any good suggestion for mortgage lenders in Houston. I'm a first time home buyer and definitely want to get the best rate possible. So far the best i found was RBFCU. Any recommendations from anyone who has done this recently?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Lenders in Houston, TX

Also when do I need to start mortgage shopping. When i make an offer? Do i need to prequalify while I'm searching to see what they'll offer me??

Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you need to be pre-approved before you go shopping. most realtors wont take you shopping without a preapproval letter

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

you need to be pre-approved before you go shopping. most realtors wont take you shopping without a preapproval letter

I have a friend who is my Realtor, so im not concerned over him taking me to view houses. Is there any other reason to get an preapproval other than that, and the other obvious.. how much they would lend you.

DallasLoanGuy, do you do loans in Houston area?

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

I have a friend who is my Realtor, so im not concerned over him taking me to view houses. Is there any other reason to get an preapproval other than that, and the other obvious.. how much they would lend you.

DallasLoanGuy, do you do loans in Houston area?

well. the loan officer needs to look at income/assets/ect.... just to be safe.  you dont want to risk earnest monies on a flimsy approval.

sometimes, if we have something squirely(yes, that is a word in Texas).... we can send the file to underwriting and get the approval there. Most loans are pre-approved at the loan officer's desk though.

i do quite a bit of business in H town

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.