Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Process & Self employment income Questions

tag
bkfriendly
Established Member

Mortgage Process & Self employment income Questions

I am wanting to purchase a Home soon and wanted to know about U/W process with Self employment income.

I have two schedules-C. I am a licenced plumber and personal care assistant.

I report income for both and wanted to know if it is a safe assumption that the U/W's look at the Total income to base thier

decision on how much house I qualify for.

Or is only the larger $Amount of the two sources looked upon for the loan amount?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage Process & Self employment income Questions

Underwriting will take into consideration both scedule c's if you have a 2 year working history on both jobs. Any actual income on the schedule c after deductions on the scedule c will be taken into consideration. If however one of your businesses shows a loss after deductions that loss will besubtracted from any profit shown on any w2 income  to adjust for the loss. 

Message 2 of 4
bkfriendly
Established Member

I also dont have 1099's as the profession for plumber is at obviously a different persons home every job, and the one personal care assistant job is for one private individual and no 1099 here as well.

Would I be better off (mortgage wise) if I asked for a 1099 when possible, or is this just not an issue

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

1099's aren't required, just the tax returns would be.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.