Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage Question for the Experts!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage Question for the Experts!!!!!

I really need some quick advise guys I took a voluntary leave from my job just over 1 year ago I have not been employed until now. I would like to purchase a home 3-6 mos I am in the same field of work,  same income what are my chances to qualify for a FHA loan. I have not missed any payments current on all my credit obligations throughout my time off FICO scores last time pulled were EQ793 TU790 EXP775. Any sound advice would be highly appreciated as soon as you could reply back I  plan to consult with lender as soon as I hear back from you guys. Thanks Credit 08Insert Smileys
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Mortgage Question for the Experts!!!!!

FHA allows you to qualify on 6 months of employment after returning to the workforce. Normally they want to verify 2yrs.
The most common reason this is used would be women who take maternity leave.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning Dallas thanks for prompt reply so in 6 mos no problem obtaining a mortgage loan that sounds awesome!!!!!. Thank you again for your help  have a good and safe weekend.Credit 08
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert (sorry) but was shopping for a FHA mortgage this week. My lender informed me that the only reason you will have a hard time getting a FHA is if your score is below a 580. Looks like you are set. Congrats and keep us posted!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening danicats thank you for your reply this morning sorry it took so long to get back to you the information was very helpful and much needed. Have a good weekend be safeInsert Smileys Credit
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.